Lightheaded after pt session

Options
Have had first pt session in nearly four months, different trainer and new gym. Got right to end and felt quite light headed during stretches ( only lasted a couple of minutes). Is this down to pushing too hard, being unfit after break or is something else going on?

Replies

• NotJustVictoria
    NotJustVictoria Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I would say a mix between pushing hard and being a little unfit, but you should definitely go back and see how you're doing next time. If it persists, it might be worth a trip to your doctor. Let your trainer know, too, so he/she can keep a watch as well! Good luck!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    sounds like you hit it hard.

I personally get this feeling if i REALLY push myself. Sometimes followed up with a tad bit of nausea.

Working with a trainer is great, but listen to your body and don't let them push you past the point of exhaustion.
  • playmadcats
    playmadcats Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Thank you, have had pt sessions in past but were a couple of new bits here. I'm sure I will be fine when I get fitness back. But its not something I can recall happening before, however previously have signed up after being a gym member for few months, not a week after joining.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Could be that you need more nutrition before the workout. Meds? Sleep?
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Water, too. I'd try a little food and more water and see if either of those help right away. Mine's usually food/calories or I need Gatorade (my blood pressure goes low certain times of the month, though, which isn't common or anything).
  • playmadcats
    playmadcats Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I think that food timing may be an issue too. Used to have a snack before travelling for a session. Due to not being sure of the traffic at that time I ate earlier than I normally would (and got there too early). So can easily put that right.
    I also anticipated I would be totally unfit and not be able to do much, only to find out I wasn't as bad as i thought so pushed more. Need to keep check on the water too as although it seemed ok today (drank before during and after) it is something I have let slip before.