Nightime eating

rodywolf
rodywolf Posts: 4 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, this is my first time posting to a message board but I am liking the calorie counter so much
I have decided to try more.

I am a 62 yr old female that has dieted off and on since high school.

I am doing fine logging my food and exercise but cannot get a handle on snacking after dinner.
That has always ben my problem and I would love to have some suggestions.

Thanks

Replies

• rodywolf
    Hi, this is my first time posting to a message board but I am liking the calorie counter so much

I am doing fine logging my food and exercise but cannot get a handle on snacking after dinner.

Thanks
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    oh you are not alone on this one. I have a horrible time with eating at night. lately i have been saving enough calories for a snack. I am eating fat free yogurt or i make a mock ice cream sandwich, the recipe is in the database on here, that is where i found it. I just try to stick to something more healthy then what i had before. If you look in the recipes on here you will find alot of good ideas. wishing you much sucess:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member

Thanks

You won't be sorry for posting! It's alot of fun, as well as addicting AND helpful to both you and others!
    As for snacks, my sister likes to have a Fiber One bar at night. The chocolate ones are really yummy!
    I myself though am an icecream aholic! LOL. I have discovered that Edy's slow churned, no sugar added icecream tastes EXACTLY like the "real thing", so I am in 7th heaven! I save numbers almost every night to be able to have a night time snack of icecream. And best of all, even eating icecream almost every night, I've been steadily losing! MFP is the GREATEST! :smile:
  • That is my main problem, so your not alone. I've been trying to stay busy all the way up until I go to bed. It means no watching TV but theres nevers anything good on anyway.

Good Luck!!
  • rodywolf
    Thanks for the suggestions. I will try to make a good effort tonight to implement some of them.

I like the Fiber One Bar suggestion.
  • OMG snacking at night is a big problem here too as I love to eat popcorn or chips and salsa while watching a movie or my tv shows!!! I was down Now I am up a little on my weight and I think it has got to do with the night snacking.....
This discussion has been closed.