raw till 4

Options
I know this has probably been discussed on this forum quite a lot in the past but I'm really interested to see what people think of this diet/lifestyle.

Personally, I don't think it's for me but if is has or has not worked for you, I'd love to know :)

Replies

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    It is advertised by someone batshit crazy, that's enough reason to stay away from it for me.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    What is it? Never heard of it
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    What is it? Never heard of it

It's a crackpot low-fat and low-protein diet where you eat huge amounts of raw food (usually fruit) until 4 PM. At 4 PM you have some cooked food (mostly carbohydrates). Adherents claims that it allows you to eat as much as you want because it somehow changes how your body processes and uses energy. Some of the well-known proponents have a history of ED and this diet appears to be just another manifestation of it. You will frequently hear proponents talk about "toxins" and other similar concepts.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    I tried "fruit until noon" for one day, if that, when some people I knew were doing "Fit for Life" in the 90s.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I only eat raw foods before 4 a.m. Of course I don't get up until 6 a.m. :)
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    The two that promote/wrote/whatever they do with it, are out of their minds. She regularly posts videos on youtube ridiculing celebrities who may have gained weight. To them, the only acceptable diet is raw vegan. They have some very disordered thinking going on, those two.
  • rawroy
    rawroy Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Well, I've tried so many high protein, shakes, calorie restrictive diets my entire life before doing a Juice Fast, then going Raw for a while, then craving starches. Let me be the first to tell you from my own personal experience that I just happened to end up doing something similar to Raw Till 4 but I didn't see Raw Till 4 and jump on it. I just started eating in the order of digestion (raw fruits and juice in the morning, raw greens in afternoon, cooked starches in the evening, fats and if you eat meat even longer). I always feel light on my feet, never bloated, and have lots of energy all day long. It makes much more logical sense to me based on how food digests and how it makes me feel. Think about it...after dinner..you pretty much chill and Fast in your sleep...by the time I wake up...all those starches are digested and I'm ready to start my day again! For those with IBS...you have to think about digestion and not mix fats with fruits, etc...
  • courtmarrow
    courtmarrow Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I tried this for about 3 days back when I was vegan and before I started really researching my diet. I think, probably like veganism, it works well for some people. Personally, I've discovered through trial and error that I'm not very carb tolerant so eating Raw til 4 (and eating a vegan diet period) made me blow up like a balloon and my IBS went into overdrive.