Need food ideas

Options
Ive been working out and watching calories since 1/6/16. So far I have lost 8lbs and feel much better, though I have a long ways too go! I am needing some ideas for either Shelf Stable or Single serving style foods. I have a mini fridge in my room and it needs to fit in there.

Long story short, we have 2 teenage boys who steal and gorge on food, and they keep eating all of my grab and go foods, leaving me to hit a drive through because I don't have time to shop.

I have Yoplait light and fit , and Granola bars. Any other ideas? I tend to grab lots of small snacks through out the day and only eat a full meal at dinner. I'm working on that. But i want to make sure that I'm at least not hitting Mcdonalds!

Replies

• yoursingingrealtor
    yoursingingrealtor Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I make guacamole and have it with high fibre crackers.
    Sugar snap peas
    Cottage cheese
    Zucchini
    Any berries
  • KymBerlyBarrera
    KymBerlyBarrera Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I make guacamole and have it with high fibre crackers.
    Sugar snap peas
    Cottage cheese
    Zucchini
    Any berries

All great ideas and none of them crossed my mind. Thanks!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    String cheese, nuts, wasabi peas, hard boiled eggs, hummus & veggies, protein bars, Greek yogurt, beef or turkey jerky, popcorn, apples & peanut butter
  • erinc5
    erinc5 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    They sell 100 calorie guacamole packs. That would be good with some baby carrots (they prepack single serves of these as well.) String cheese is great. I love Fage 2% greek yogurt (strawberry or key lime are my favorites). Pistachios are great (you can buy a big bag an portion these out in single servings). 100 calorie popcorn bags. Pepperoni and cheese.
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes with peanut butter!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I have two teenage girls who eat like horses. If I have something specifically for me, that I bought for lunch or something, I write my name on it. And if they still take it, I write my name on it along with a threatening note about losing fingers or getting throat punched. It works. >:)
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,003 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with snacking throughout the day and eating one big meal if you stay under your calorie goal. Just do whatever works best for you.

I like the fiber one brownies. The lemon bars and cinnamon coffee cake flavors are also good.
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch of little baggies of one ounce of almonds and I keep them in my car. Hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, some protein bars.
  • kaylasgriffin88
    kaylasgriffin88 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt
    Hummus
    Peanut butter
    Fruit
    Carrots
  • namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I would put a Tupperware container in the regular fridge with my name on it. Teenage boys should have enough respect for their mom to leave it alone. If they don't, you have larger problems. On the other hand, I would make sure there are enough grab and go snacks for them as well but maybe higher calorie ones as they probably need the extra calories now.
  • KymBerlyBarrera
    KymBerlyBarrera Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I do keep lots of snacks in the house, they just are not low enough calorie for me and don't tend to last long. My sons are Bipolar and do not respect anyone's spaces of belongings. Thats why my bedroom door and mini fridge door both have locks with keys.
    Ironically my sons are 5'9 and 5'10 and 125 and 130 lbs, and constantly need to eat to maintain their weight. I sure wish I could give them some of mine!