Looking for supportive friends with 50+ to lose

Options
Hi there. I've been quietly losing by myself over here and have knocked off 55 pounds already. Really as a side effect of my diet. Due to Meniere's disease, I have to keep my salt about the same amount every day and my sugar low, so once I have reached those limits, I'm usually at a caloric deficit. I do make an effort to not eat less than 1500 cals a day even with the other limits set. I'm also gluten free and trying to limit processed foods at this point, plus am exploring traditional food preparation and cooking methods. I still have a ton to lose before I am really going to be healthy, so I would love some supportive friends.
Thanks,
Netta

Replies

• teesllim
    teesllim Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I will add you :) Good luck on overcoming your challenges
  • nettasaura
    nettasaura Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • KendraMonster
    KendraMonster Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am very new to this site, not sure how to add but your more than welcome to add me and we can motivate each other! Congrats to making the first big step towards your goal! I
  • DLiciousJamaicana
    Options
    Hello Netta....I have started using this app before but haven't really committed...I am ready to really commit and be accountable....add me if you like and we can do this together
  • Julieann670
    Julieann670 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am also new and trying to find my way around this ap. Am not sure how to add friends either, but feel free to add me. Well done on your 55 pound loss!
  • nettasaura
    nettasaura Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I sent all you ladies friend requests! :smiley:
  • odylynn
    odylynn Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey there. Congrats on your weight loss so far! I have at least 50lbs to lose. My goal is at least 65. I was recently diagnosed with bilateral meniere's disease over a year after a bad fall on ice that caused a concussion. I have been dealing with sometimes severe vertigo ever since. I am just starting the low sodium and diuretic. It is so difficult and time consuming for a full time working mom of three young boys. I am trying so hard to balance at all. Most days I am too dizzy at the end of the day to get a workout in and I am not a morning person so the whole thing is posing to be difficult. Maybe we can motivate each other!
  • KittyInBoots
    KittyInBoots Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hello and I will send you an add! I have over 50lbs to lose- more like 80ish, lol... I always try to positively motivate friends on here! I enjoy chatting about weight loss and such!
  • Fattleass
    Fattleass Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    My long-term goal is to lose about 70 more pounds but right now I'm setting small goals of 15 pounds so I can use all the support I can get so please add me
  • Jose2716
    Jose2716 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    great job on the 55 pounds, keep it up. Feel free to add me so we can help each out.
  • beckyvenero
    beckyvenero Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My first goal is to lose 50lbs. But my second will be to lose another 50! We can go on this journey together!!!
  • SteelLadybird
    SteelLadybird Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have almost 50+ to lose. Sending a fr. The more the merrier