Bras

Options
What is a good sports bra for bigger people with big boob? I'm currently just wearing a bra with cheap sports bra over it because I need the support of the real bra but the ladies need to be strapped down by the sports bra. Help!

Replies

• tatilove1988
    tatilove1988 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I am somewhat busty and used to wear a compression bra under a regular sports bra, until I bought a firm support under armour bra. I suggest you try them on before buying. I bought mine a bit smaller for Maximum and firm support. Also, so that I can still use it after losing a few lbs. For that reason, I don't advise buying online. Or at least try in stores first, then order online if you find better prices. I suggest the jump test while trying on sports bras.
    Good luck :)
  • kalynbreann357
    kalynbreann357 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    The above answer is great! Under armour offers tons of support but their sizing is off to me, bought one in my bra size and it works fine for support but if I wear longer than 2 or 3 hours it starts digging in so definitely try on before buying.

Victoria's Secret is another great option, pricey but stylish, supportive, comfortable and creates less bulge than other brands.
  • weightlossmayhem
    weightlossmayhem Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm a big busty girl I normally wear a 42H for cardio I wear a size xl with a size xxl over it from champion at target. I'm going cheap until I'm done breastfeeding and loose a few more pounds hoping to get down to a 38G again.
  • missyleep
    missyleep Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Champion and Moving Comfort are my favorites
  • DeadsAndDoritos
    DeadsAndDoritos Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Panache Sport
  • lauralizpiercy
    lauralizpiercy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use a Shock Absorber one - It seems to do the trick, and the name makes me laugh.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I recommend going to a department store like Macy's or Dillard's(NOT VICTORIA'S SECRET) to get measured and a good idea of your size. Then check out www.herroom.com. They have decent selection of sports bras for large and small and an excellent return policy. I currently wear Panache Full-Busted Underwire Sports Bra 5021 in 32GG.

http://www.herroom.com/panache-5021-full-busted-underwire-sports-bra.shtml

Good luck!

Victoria's Secret is almost never a good option. Everyone posts it and they have always failed me. They measure and try to fit me to sell me their bras, which of course didn't fit properly and were uncomfortable.
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I use a Shock Absorber one - It seems to do the trick, and the name makes me laugh.

Ditto - on both comments!

I'm a 34H, and the D+ Max Shock Absorber works great on me. I was using an old Berlei Shock Absorber with added compression top, but with the new bra, I don't need the second top and I get very little bounce. Note - they do run a little tight in the band, but that's to be expected.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    hmaddpear wrote: »

I'm a 34H, and the D+ Max Shock Absorber works great on me. I was using an old Berlei Shock Absorber with added compression top, but with the new bra, I don't need the second top and I get very little bounce. Note - they do run a little tight in the band, but that's to be expected.

@hmaddpear I keep hearing SUCH GOOD THINGS about this bra. I need to get one when I have more disposable income. It's also an Undie Award Winner, so it's GOTTA be good!

ETA: Links
    Wired: http://www.herroom.com/shock-absorber-s00bv-active-d--underwire-sports-bra.shtml

No Wire: http://www.herroom.com/shock-absorber-sn109-d--max-support-sports-bra.shtml
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    hmaddpear wrote: »

@hmaddpear I keep hearing SUCH GOOD THINGS about this bra. I need to get one when I have more disposable income. It's also an Undie Award Winner, so it's GOTTA be good!

It is great. I run, so it's been a trial finding something to stop the girls hitting me in the face! I was a bit sceptical when I first tried it on, as it works by compression rather than by 'holding' - which means I have to jiggle my boobs around when I put it on, to ensure they don't touch in the middle (sweat and rubbing - not good). But once they're in place they don't slide back, so it's all good.

The big downside is they are expensive. Luckily for me, I got mine as a Christmas present. And I've noted that marketplace sellers on Amazon do occassionally sell it for half-price or less.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I feel like a connoisseur of sports bras for big busts, lol. I have finally saved my recommendations so that I don't have to keep re-typing them. I am sorry if it is long, but it is pretty comprehensive.

I was (before recent reduction surgery) a 34G/H. I run up to 40 minutes at a time, dance, lift, and elliptical. As a result, I've probably tried and bought more than most people- having to replace for weight loss and for size reduction. Here are my own personal thoughts:

Panache- Its a bulkier bra. Pros: smooth cups, and boob separation better than any other I've tried. I like the underwire as well, though it makes it a bit more work for washing. Probably the best of the bunch for moisture wicking. I never feel sweaty in the bust region in this bra. Has option to convert to racerback. Runs in the $60 range.

Freya- Also underwire, so gives good support and some separation. Comes in great colors. Has more seams so slightly more visible under clothing if that matters to you. I find the racerback hook on the back a bit more tricky than some others, but definitely doable. Same retail price range as Panache.

Shock Absorber- A compression bra, so you can't avoid the uniboob. However, the fact that it is wireless makes it easy to toss into the wash. Mine held up fine through hundreds of washes. A few unique things I love about it are largely the way the back straps are constructed. You can easily adjust where the racerback clasp is located, and there is a rubberized piece over each back strap which helps it stay in place. Same retail price range as those above.

Glamorise: Not as good for bounce control as those above, but if you're on a budget, the best there can be found in the $20-$30 range. Unfortunately, the first I bought didn't fit so I sent it back and no longer have one in my rotation.

Moving comfort- maybe it works great when you get it on, but I was so put off by how difficult it was to get in and out of that I didn't bother going forward. I can't imagine doing it when sweaty.

UnderArmour- I've only tried the front zip. I had to try this one because I needed a front zip the first 6 weeks after surgery. While not my favorite, it was better than expected for control, and I still use it often, though its not my first choice. Retail was around $45.

Victoria's Secret VSX- Eh. Its not a bad bra. It does a decent job of holding everything in place, and comes in some flirty colors. It is thickly padded though- which is nice for nipple coverage, but makes it hotter than most. It is important to get the perfect fit on this one to avoid the uni-boob. For the price, its not my first choice though. I think it retails around $50.

Cost notes: Once you know your size, give yourself a reminder to check amazon daily. Very often, one particular size and close-out color will go on a great sale. You just have to be patient and keep checking back. I got both of my shock absorber bras at a great price- one black that shipped locally and was $20! Another in awesome purple that took 3 weeks to get here from London, but worth the $30 I spent. My Freya bra was $14, provided I was willing to accept red. Hell yeah I was. Red is sexy, and did I mention $14!!

Other notes: Most of these bras suck for exercise by the large-busted without having the racerback snapped. The one exception is probably Shock Absorber. I have run while forgetting to clasp it before, and it was fine. Another note: size is crucial. I loved the support of my panache for a long time. But as I lost weight and my size changed, it didn't fit as well and neither did it provide the appropriate support. Had I bought it just a size big, I think I would have hated it. So find a place to try them on, or find a place with free returns. Or find the $14 sale bra and take an affordable gamble :)
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Fellow connoisseur here..

glamorise_no_bounce_cami.jpg

The Glamorise Women's No-Bounce Full Support Sports Bra

It gives each of your boobs a super supportive individual cup, has padded straps, and hooks in the back. I wear a 34F, and mine don't budge in this thing.
    I have it in two colors, it's my go-to jogging bra. It's super cheap, and my boobies don't hit me in the face! :)

Amaozn Link: amazon.com/Glamorise-Womens-Figure-Bounce-Sport/dp/B007KFZGVQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1453314640&sr=8-1&keywords=glamorise+sports+bra
  • time2cutnow
    time2cutnow Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Victoria's Secret VSX
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I like Elomi. Partly because they have nice fit for someone like me, small chest but big cups. Bras are super comfy and the sports bra (Energise) can be worn with straight straps or use the hooks to make it an "X" in the back for extra staying power.

That said, I'm sure a lot of these are very good. I just haven't tried them because I get my bras at a local specialty store where they only sell so many brands.
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    The problem with Victoria's Secret is that they only go up to a DDD in cup size. So the rest of us are pretty SOL when it comes to their bras. :'(
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options

I was (before recent reduction surgery) a 34G/H. I run up to 40 minutes at a time, dance, lift, and elliptical. As a result, I've probably tried and bought more than most people- having to replace for weight loss and for size reduction. Here are my own personal thoughts:

That is my size currently....how was the reduction surgery. (Sorry to change the subject)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i love my full support Champions. i also have some danskin and fila. but the champion wins everytime
  • brightsideofpink
    Options
    Alidecker wrote: »

That is my size currently....how was the reduction surgery. (Sorry to change the subject)

One of the best decisions I've ever made! It has had such an impact. Happy to answer any questions in messages.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you posted your size - couldn't find it. It might be expensive but the Victoria Secret Knockout style is my favorite. It has a front close underwire bra covered by a zip front sports bra all in one. Nothing is moving, it's comfortable and it's easy to get on and off. If it's available in your size, I highly recommend it. I think the highest size is 38 DDD
  • brightsideofpink
    Options
    Ooh, I forgot Champion from my list. Very decent sports bra for a very reasonable price, but I don't think it goes above DD.