Who eats roughly 1500?

Options
13»

Replies

• CariJo1979
    CariJo1979 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 1570. Open to all new friends! Add me!
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,736 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I find I'm slowly but surely losing at net 1400-1500 calories. I don't want to lose too quickly for fear of losing muscle (I had lost 5 pounds in as many weeks last year, but according to before-and-after DEXA scans, 3 of the pounds were muscle. I am losing more slowly and lifting more to make that less likely).
  • Traveling_Kimw
    Traveling_Kimw Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I eat 1530 daily. Add me if you would like. My diary is open.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I do 1200 + half my 'exercise calories' which puts me at about 1400 on walking days. Not too hard to do, since my husband is on doctor supervised high protein, low carb, so I'm eating lots of protein that helps keep me full.
    My real problem is that I don't get splurges like I expected to. I expected to have splurge days where I would go out for a burger or whatever, but since I work from home, I don't tend to eat out during the day, and my husband comes home having blown out his fat and carb allowance having lunch with coworkers, so we rarely go out for food.

I'm trying to readjust my food balance so get a little more 'treat' and don't feel quite so deprived.
  • robingmurphy
    robingmurphy Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm 1500-1700 depending on my workouts that day.
  • niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Mine is 1460 and will go over based on my workout. :)
  • BrideSept2017
    BrideSept2017 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1600, but I usually net around 1300-1400.
  • rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    1600 w/o exercise :) 1600-2000 if I workout
  • robynmoosehead
    robynmoosehead Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm at around 1400, don't really eat exercise calories if I have any. Feel free to add me! I love playing around to see what I can eat with my calories and coming up with new ideas.
  • 88meli88
    88meli88 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I eat 1600 which about TDEE -20% for me. I try to eat this consistently and not eat back exercise calories unless I am super hungry. It works great for me, I lose 0.7-1 kg per week as it is predicted by the calculations. When I went from 1200 to 1600 - i was amazed. The extra 400 calories allowed me to eat more fruit, at 1200 - I didn't like spending my calories on fruit, I needed them for the denser food to feel full. It also allows me to put olive oil on my salads. I don't understand why anyone would not use the TDEE method. To me, it is common sense..Feel free to add me, my diary is open to my friends...
  • elos18
    elos18 Posts: 38 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm on 1580! The only exercise I do is walking the dog a mile or so every day so I don't eat exercise calories back. Feel free to add me anyone :) and my diary is open!
  • lsutiger2112
    lsutiger2112 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I get like 1900, but I usually only eat around 1600 or so. But I do admit that my food choices are really boring. chicken, green beans, asparagus, chicken, a small baked potato, subway turkey every once in awhile. Fruit. Protein Whey. I've really just tried to make food something I need to sustain, not something I enjoy - seems to help me from constantly wanting pizza!
  • Sarahbooradley
    Sarahbooradley Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1500 with 1700 on work out days (3-4 days awake). Add me:)