Insomnia and exercise

Options
So I have had 1 nights good sleep in three months now. I either sleep fitfully tossing and turning all night, don't sleep untill 3-5am or fall asleep and wake up around 3am to either not sleep again or toss and turn. Does not help I start work at 8am too.

Any advice on how to get my energy up to exercise better, im finding it hard to even walk my dog for more than 15 mins!
Also how to kill my MEGA carb craving that is getting worse the longer this goes on! I just don't want all my work wasted because of this.

I know it's caused by stress and anxiety but there is nothing I can actually do about bar win the lotto and move country lol!

Replies

• scfarrant
    scfarrant Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I get the exact same thing and would very interested in some advice about it!

I've been exercising most days of the week, and it definitely has a knock on effect with my sleeping. I feel physically tired - exhausted even and often achy with it - but my mind is much more alert. I also have massive cravings for highly calorific/carb food all evening after workouts.
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    My mind goes between phases of very sharp to utterly tripping and can hardly say my name which is how I am at the min ! I have basically stop exercising now I work 6/7 day weeks so when I get home I cook, clean and then just want to sleep, even though I dont
  • Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I need some help with this to! This week has been terrible up for days on end last night I slept thank God. But I definitely see a huge difference in my energy levels.