Post ankle surgery

Options
Hello! I am not new to MFP but I am getting back to it. I used to be hardcore and lost my footing over a year ago and then when I decided to return I ended up breaking my ankle and tearing my ligaments. I've finally been released to start some work outs and to get back into things.

I'm 28 and would love to have some new encouraging friends in my corner... Also if any one has undergone ankle sugery , I'd love to hear how you got back into working out. My ligaments are still sore and healing. Any advice would be wonderful!

Replies

• scottish_laura_13
    scottish_laura_13 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    not went through surgery but got ligament damage to my ankle and physio will not let me do most cardio exercises as im still healing too
    ive been doing calf raises and balancing exercises and hops (as physio has given me to do) im now allowed to run on a cross trainer or a mini trampoline (which is fun and started doing the c25k on it) as these are low impact on the ankle, also yoga, anything with balancing to build up the ankle strength etc, swimming, short walks which are getting longer. I highly recommend the mini trampoline as its cheap and very useful for low impact
    also keeping the food sensible to lose weight and have set mini goals for myself