Redbull and diet soda addict!

Options
Planning to go cold turkey on giving these up in February - im an all or nothing kinda girl! Anyone want to join me??! Suggestions for other drinks appreciated, i dont drink tea or coffee!

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    You could try water with bits of fruit in it?

I love my diet soda and see no need to ever give it up.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    I did it kind of I switched to no calorie monster energy
  • GreenPharmD
    GreenPharmD Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Give up the artificial stuff. Your body will thank you. I don't really have a caffeine alternative suggestion without coffee or tea though... I drink coffee like mad, appetite suppressant, stimulant, doesn't have to be insanely caloric. I'm not sure how much you've experimented with teas but you may be able to find something you like with all there is out there. Yerba mate, Matcha. Google it maybe? Kudos on giving it up the redbull and diet soda though, that stuff is awful for you.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Give up the artificial stuff. Your body will thank you. I don't really have a caffeine alternative suggestion without coffee or tea though... I drink coffee like mad, appetite suppressant, stimulant, doesn't have to be insanely caloric. I'm not sure how much you've experimented with teas but you may be able to find something you like with all there is out there. Yerba mate, Matcha. Google it maybe? Kudos on giving it up the redbull and diet soda though, that stuff is awful for you.

Except there isn't really any evidence that it IS awful for you.

If someone feels better not drinking them, then eliminate them. I don't know if it follows that they are awful for everyone.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You may get the headaches associated with caffeine withdrawal. Many experts state to cut down slowly. What will you replace for these drinks?
  • ZeroTX
    ZeroTX Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    People who complain that diet soda is "bad for you" have no actual specific information to back that up.... Even more ridiculous that "carobonated beverages" are bad for you. What part of "it's just air...." is unclear? The notion that aspartame is a problem is refuted by numerous scientific studies to the contrary. In fact, if you are using stevia, you are using an untested product and if you're using Splenda, you're using a much-less-tested product than aspartame. The safest artificial sweetener is probably aspartame.

To me, diet soda is a nice way to get some sweet without any calories or guilt.... I love my Diet Mountain Dew and have no intention of giving it up.

By the same token, people often act as if coffee is a bad thing... "Oh, I'm giving up coffee, it's my vice..." while every study I see shows coffee is a healthy thing to have. Full of anti-oxidants and even the caffeine is helpful to most people (unless they have cardiac issues). What makes "coffee" bad is the fru-fru sweetened lattes and coffee-flavored milk-shakes that people buy at Starbucks. That's not coffee. Coffee is good for you.
  • mommyrunning
    mommyrunning Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I drink sugar free redbull. An alternative to soda might me the flavored carbonated waters walmart sells. It's called Clear American and can be found in the water aisle. They have lots of flavors and are 0 calories.
  • redbod
    redbod Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have given up before so know about the headaches! I think the problem is I only drink redbull and diet coke, i dont do hot drinks at all. Ive also struggled to loose weight after the initial 1/2st and read recently that even diet sodas can add to that belly fat! I stick to my calories and exercise alot!!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    No food or drink adds to belly fat unless you are over your calories
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    No food or drink adds to belly fat unless you are over your calories

^^^This, and there's no reason to give up Diet Coke...unless you're drinking like a case a day, then I'd cut back.