Lose weight before summer

Options
Recently decided we would be taking a beach trip over summer and a cruise in the fall. Looking to go from 145 to around 120-125. Never really had the motivation to stick to a goal. Tips??

Replies

• crybabyfancy
    crybabyfancy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm down :-)
  • BoaRestrictor
    BoaRestrictor Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Write you goal on the fridge, or bathroom mirror. Somewhere you'll see it often.
  • makaryan11
    makaryan11 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have an upcoming trip , I am going back to visit my country after 7 years, that's my motivation, every time I want to eat something I don't suppose to I imagine myself feeling depressed from how I look when I get there. Bad feeling! That stops me !
  • Clawsal
    Clawsal Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I have a very similar goal (148--> 125) and I am trying to lose 1 pound a week . I have been at this for 3 weeks (a short time, I know...), and so far so good. I have tried before and never stuck to it.

My "rules" are:

- Don't try to lose too quickly or you'll run out of steam.
    I found out that trying to lose 2lbs a week is not sustainable for me (I get dizzy, frustrated and stop counting).

- Don't over-complicate it. Eat whatever you want as long as you stick to your calories.
    I found out that trying to eat clean doesn't work for me either, if I don't have chips/cookies/cake I get frustrated and stop counting.
  • bspringer544
    bspringer544 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Get a calendar. Write your current weight today, your goal weight the week before your vacation then figure out how much you need to lose per week to achieve it. Write down a weekly goal weight to reach every Friday and work towards that number rather than your end goal (bearing in mind that weight loss isn't linear. Don't do this if you get easily discouraged).

I weigh myself everyday but on Friday's weigh in I take that number and knock two off to set my goal for the next week. Generally, I reach or exceed my goal and it's a great short term motivation.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    If you book a cruise in the fall, make sure it's refundable. Remember hurricanes. Those cruise lines do not give full refunds.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Recently decided we would be taking a beach trip over summer and a cruise in the fall. Looking to go from 145 to around 120-125. Never really had the motivation to stick to a goal. Tips??

Set your goal to lose 1 lb or .5 lb a week. Stick to the calorie goal MFP gives you.
    Log everything you consume as accurately as you can (weigh and measure).
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    What are your plans after the trips???
  • alexiscederholm
    alexiscederholm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's how much I weigh & want to get back down to 126
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    This is the first time in a few years I've been able to stick it out, meaning calorie control and more exercise. I'm focusing more on how I feel than the number on the scale. The number on the scale is steadily dropping a little over a pound a week on average, but the real motivation for me has been how I feel mentally and physically. As long as I feel good, I seem to keep the motivation better than when I was just focusing on the scale. Good luck!