Quest bars and Atkins??

Options
Good morning everyone,
I have frequently read "Yes you can eat Quest bars on Atkins - BUT not during induction." Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of WHY you are not supposed to have Quest bars during induction? Has anyone had success eating Quest bars while losing weight on Atkins? Have you been able to stay in Ketosis?
Thank you!

Replies

• appleseeds
    appleseeds Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    This won't be very helpful but different people tend to reach/remain in ketosis at different levels of macros. I don't do Atkins, but I know you can buy stips or something that will tell yiu if you're still in Ketosis. If you really want to keep the protein bars in your diet and do Atkins as well, it might be worth your time to just get some so you know for sure how your body responds. I imagine that if you're advised not to at certain stages it might be about rapidly getting you into a state of ketosis. I vaguely remember reading that your body takes a few days to reach it after you first cut down on carbs.
  • Dreysander
    Dreysander Posts: 294 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Quest bars do nothing to my blood sugar. I didn't test for ketosis because I was done with that by the time I started eating them. When I first started eating them I tested my sugar before and after and it was the same. Some people say the fiber in Quest bars doesn't "work" and they spike blood sugar but they didn't for me. I guess it's different for everyone.