Pre pregnant weight!

Options
krithsai
krithsai Posts: 668 Member
20 months later, I'm finally at pre pregnancy weight. I am 5'6" and went all the way to 200 lbs while pregnant from 167 lbs. I lost only 6 lbs after I gave birth and gained a bunch of weight while nursing my daughter. On the day that she turned one,30 May 2015, I was 196 lbs. I started "losing weight" half heartedly at that time. Come September, I went to see my GP for my annual exam and I weighed in at 192 lbs. Also, my blood work revealed that my sugar levels were a bit elevated. That was the scare I needed.

I cleaned up my diet big time. I did not eliminate any foods but I basically went back and re-evaluated my caloric intake and realized that I was still eating like I was nursing. I did get hungry and crabby initially when I cut my calories but within 2 weeks, I started doing much better. This was the single most important step I took. I also consulted a nutritionist to come up with a plan of action. She helped me figure out how to get the most bang for my buck(including cuing me to the fact that I should stick to hard alcohol instead of cocktails :smiley: ). I exercised moderately. This included walking, some swimming, light strength training at home.

I weighed in at 167 lbs last morning. It took me 6.5 months to shed these 29 lbs but boy has it been worth it. I want to shed another 17 lbs and I give myself this entire year to do it. I hope to have another success story to post at the end of this year.

Replies

• FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Well done! To mommies, the thread title says it all. You did it!
  • agzram
    agzram Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Great job! Took me 7.5 years (and 4 kids later) to lose my baby weight! Keep it up!
  • GemimaFitzTed
    GemimaFitzTed Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Well done!
    I am hanging for the day to see my pre-pregnancy weight on tge scales. My youngest is just over two, so it's long overdue for me to lose the weight.

Again, well done!
  • julie2038
    julie2038 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Well I'm 9 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight! It's only taken me 20 years :# so happy you figured it out now. I feel so good after losing 60 pounds, I wish I had done it sooner.
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words, fellow mommies/warriors :smile:
  • determined24girl
    determined24girl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!