Apple Watch Tracking

Options
I currently have my Apple Watch synced with MFP and it adds calories back into my food diary based on exercise. Does anyone know how accurate this is? Should I ignore, or enjoy the extra calories?

Replies

• collins1859
    collins1859 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Not sure how accurate it is, but I'm careful not to indulge too much. If it adds say 100 calories I only eat about 60 to stay below my goal and just in case it's not accurate.
  • GeoBaybee
    GeoBaybee Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the same, I've been considering only half, but if it's pretty accurate, I'd love the extra calories lol
  • cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I have only had my watch a couple weeks and feel pretty confident in the calorie tracking but am seeing how it goes over the next month -- meaning see if I am still losing. Although so far I am full before I eat back my calories. I have MFP set at 1540/day and then am getting adjustments from the watch of about 200-300 based on my workouts.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    If you're using a food scale and logging accurately, with a goal of losing one or more pounds per week, I would eat most back. For smaller goals there is less margin for error. Monitor rate of loss over a month or two and adjust accordingly
  • GeoBaybee
    GeoBaybee Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!