Looking for young professionals to connect with! 20's & 30's - add me!

Options
HEY MFP!

My name is Erin, but most of my friends call me Err :smile:

I'm your average 24 year old professional female, balancing work/going out/being a responsible adult, and of course, the occasional hangover.

I've been dabbling with MFP for a while, and did well (150 day streak!) but was working three weeks straight of 12 hour plus days, 6 days a week and fell off the wagon (gained ~5 lbs)

And now, I'm ready to lose. Big time.

Starting stats:

F/24/5'4

SW: 225 (probably closer to 230)

CW:213.4

GW: 135 (and muscly and lean as all hell!)

First pic is me, August 2015, 7 lbs before (oops!)

3z7wc4698ccr.jpg

This pic is from Oct. 2014 (do you see a difference at all??)

euews09g730y.jpg

Please add me!! We all need as much support along this journey as possible :)

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Cheers!

Me1.jpg 154.1K
me3.jpg 111.3K

Replies

• angelabethb
    angelabethb Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm in a similar situation. 23, arouns 5'3" with around 30 pounds to lose. Add me if you like!
  • loki621
    loki621 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello there. Add me too if you like. I've been at it for a while (1 year). 5'10 and Down 54lbs - from 293 to 239 but I still have 29 to go before I hit my ideal goal.

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • marco8024
    marco8024 Posts: 244 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    We are all here with the same goals! Let's be friends! I'm willing to help, motivate and answer any questions you have. LETS ALL DO THIS TOGETHER!! Add me let's be friends
  • allisonswags
    allisonswags Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Very late to the game here but looking to lose 20-30 pounds and in serious need of some accountability partners.
  • scottish_laura_13
    scottish_laura_13 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    hey ill add u! ive been at it for 2 months b4 xmas and starting back up again
    im 5ft6, work in an office so little exercise
    starting weight was 210lbs, current weight is 190lbs, goal weight is 140lbs then I will re-evaluate
    I have a mini goal of 15-20lbs before the end of april (aiming for 20lbs but will be happy with slightly less)
  • wreath7
    wreath7 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    hi, i'm piggy-backing and adding everyone on this thread if you don't mind. 30s professional could use more friends and support. thanks and good luck!
  • jenyzmcc
    jenyzmcc Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Looking to lose about 40lbs after baby number three. At 28 it def isn't as easy as it was with my first 8 years ago! Was done to 140lbs and started to gain then got pregnant and gained loads! Good luck
  • siddles11
    siddles11 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi Erin and everyone else here I'm in the same boat 30's professional doing the same as you guys but instead of just losing weight I aim to be really healthy first and then the weight will take care of it's self. Feel to add me people.
  • scottish_laura_13
    scottish_laura_13 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    what does everyone do work wise?
  • jordyngiulio
    jordyngiulio Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I would love to support each other through this! I'm 25, 5'8 with about 30 pounds to lose. I work fulltime and recently moved to a new area. I previously lost a bunch and have stalled for . . .well, a really long time.

The adulting and dieting is so hard! I know millions of people do it, but seriously I love food and never seem to have the willpower to do the "cut out a snack to have a drink (or 4)" thing. Do you know how much food I could have for those calories?!? :smile:
  • Hooper3
    Hooper3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    30 year old sports medicine professional needing to lose about 40 pounds before my wedding. All accountability welcomed! Feel free to add me.
  • Kelsterina
    Kelsterina Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Oh I love this idea! I'm 26. Used to run a bunch and could eat whatever I wanted but after a bad hip injury in my early twenties had to give up the running and really adjust my eating habits and lifestyle. Now I'm getting ready to undergo a second hip surgery and (fingers crossed) fix the issue for good. Currently focusing on a lot of low-impact exercises and trying to keep my nutrition in check. Always happy to have more accountability buddies along the way!
  • timmax85
    timmax85 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me to the feel free to add list lol. Recently turned 30, typical story of highschool jock, played sports in college, then got an office job.... then the ilbs started stacking up until I woke up one day and realized I wasn't the same guy I was 8-10 years ago and needed to drop about 75-100 ilbs to find him.
  • Erik8484
    Erik8484 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Surrounding yourself with like-minded people is the way to go, helps you to mentally step away from work when you see that everyone else manages to do it :)