Insanity Before & After Pics

Options
Admission: I'm obsessed with the scale. I probably weigh myself at least 5 times a day...and that's not just stepping on the scale, that's stripping down completely and stepping on the scale. It really is an unhealthy relationship because the scale has the power to make or break my day. I gained some weight after double bunion surgery in March and exercised for a few months before starting Insanity. At first, the Insanity program was awful and the thought of making it through a 63 day program was daunting. I dry heeved during most of the workouts the first week but by the next week, I was able to make it through without getting sick. My starting weight was 138.6 and I ended at 134.6 (I'm 5'2"). I was pretty discouraged about that. So much work (an hour a day) plus logging calories, prepping food, etc...I felt like I should have lost at least double that. But then I compared my before, during and after pictures. What a difference! It was eye opening to me and if I had to choose, I'd rather see progress in pictures and measurements than on the scale. I lost a total of 11.5" and 4lbs. So for those of you discouraged with the scale, stick with it and take pictures!

c1j07sfqdzcw.jpg

Replies

• mmcqueen927
    mmcqueen927 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Great job, I see a big difference in your waistline and thighs. Keep up the good work.
  • determined24girl
    determined24girl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Wow that's a huge difference! Awesome Job! I'm starting Insanity after I finish PiYo in March. Can't wait! :)
  • monarque23
    monarque23 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    WOW!
    Great job :-)
  • therrling
    therrling Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • TaraTall
    TaraTall Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Your relationship with the scale echoes mine and I'm grateful to know someone who struggles in the same way. That being said, I'm sorry you feel the need to do that too.

Excellent result in the Insanity. I started it a couple weeks ago and got two weeks in but had to take a rest due to injury. Will be restarting any day now. Thanks for the motivation and great work!!!
  • abbypalinski
    abbypalinski Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way with the scale.... every morning like clockwork. Maybe twice or three times or.... lol Since I've started working out regularly, I've lost a total of 3 lbs. THREE. UGGGH. But somehow.... I've lost 2 whole dress sizes. I don't know how that's even possible, but I'll take that over a couple of lbs any day!

I just ordered PiYo. I'm hoping to see even BETTER results.... :blush:

You look fantastic btw! :smiley:
  • therrling
    therrling Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I was thinking of trying PiYo too :-)
  • ldtamika31
    ldtamika31 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Awesome results in your thighs, waist and arms
  • verifiedvalerie
    verifiedvalerie Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    The confidence and feeling will always out weight whatever the scale says!
    You're doing awesome! Thank you for sharing! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!