New to the community, hoping to reach my goal!

Options
Hello,

My name is Christine and I am new to My Fitness Pal.

My goal is to lose 113 pounds. My story is probably not unlike many others as I have always struggled with my weight and it has just gotten really out of control. For a while I was working in a senior facility and I was on my feet all day so my weight, while still too heavy, at least maintained. Now, I work from home and I sit for most of the day. This has led to me being very tired and in pain all of the time. When I am finished work and head to another part of my home, I do not feel like cooking or cleaning and have been doing bare minimum. I go through periods of time where I order out for weeks on end.

Due to having several surgeries throughout my life, I have developed arthritis in my knee and hand which my surgeon said he will eventually have to go in to reshape the bone. This causes some issue with certain exercises. I recently have purchased a treadmill and bike along with a yoga ball which I find that being so tired, I don't always use. When I do use it, my body rejoices and I feel very energetic for a while. The next day, it is a struggle to work out all over again.

At this point I feel as though I have to force myself to do anything and I don't like to feel this way. I do very well when I have accountability to someone so, if anyone would like to join me in my new venture, I would greatly appreciate it!

An added issue is that my youngest daughter is also overweight. I need to show her that it can be done and I will be signing her up as well. She is 13 and weighs 169 pounds. She needs to lose about 50-60 pounds. I find that she is going the way of her mom and it breaks my heart.

Thank you so much for reading this and I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Replies

• totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    congratulations on making the decision to change your lifestyle, and be a positive role model for your daughter.
    It is hard, but one step at a time, make small changes and you can do it.

Would a treadmill desk be an option for you ?

You might want to start a thread in this group
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/111642-motivation-journals
    to keep you accountable and also give you the chance to connect with others to share motivation, experiences and advice.

Good Luck !
  • Viracellee
    Viracellee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I will go post in that other group as well!
  • Amya2998
    Amya2998 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Christine. My name is Amy and our stories sound pretty similar. I have a total of about 90 pounds to lose, but my smaller goal is to lose 50lbs by my 40th birthday in July. This is my 4th week on MFP and I have lost close to 14 pounds. Like you, I lack motivation to be active. So far exercise has been sporadic, but sticking to a calorie deficit alone seems to be working well.

Also, I have 2 daughters. My 14 year old has a bit of a sweet tooth, but generally loves healthy food and being active and is very thin. My 11 year old I fear is headed down the same path as me. While not overweight yet, probably due to being active, I see a lot of myself in her and her relationship with food. This is my number one reason for being so motivated to change for good this time. Feel free to add me and maybe we can motivate each other.