Options
Meaghan899
Meaghan899 Posts: 9 Member
Any ideas?

Replies

• lovecraftiana
    lovecraftiana Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Basa fillets and salad (e.g. lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, sweetcorn, little feta cheese). Or veggie ragout ( basically anything like cauliflower, couragette, carrots etc. chopped and cooked together). I improvise a lot. From recipes with stable contents - veggie honey tagine and ratatouille are nice and low cal if homemade. Couraggetes can be stuffed nicely with feta and oven baked. Wrap with veggies with tomato soup. Turkey breasts very low cal if meat is preferred with some veggies as side.
  • csillabrimer978
    csillabrimer978 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    2 slices of bread (90calories) + 2 spoons of hummus ( 50 cal) + 2 slices of ham (30 cal) = 170 cal , can't beat that! if5kvuhg7fej.jpeg
    h9nkudtagea5.jpeg
    xi4i8ha1k1i0.jpeg
  • mapra
    mapra Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Green smoothies - cucumber , green apple , 2-3 cubes of pineapple ,bit of aooe vera and few leaves of coriander/cilantro ......it fulling n helps loose weight by boosting metabolism :)
  • Miss_Mabee
    Miss_Mabee Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Soups and Stews! Hydrating and so filling. The best way to fill up on all your veggies. Can improvise and add anything you like. My veg soup is usually something like:

Onion, celery, carrot, zucchini, mushrooms, garlic sauteed in a little chicken broth. Once browned, add some more broth to cover the veggies. Then add some potatoes, yams, butternut squash or whatever else you want and simmer until soft. In the last couple minutes add any leafy greens like spinach, kale, spring mix.

You can add any meat, beans or lentils you want too!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    yup soups and stews. so easy and you can make big batches to take for lunch or keep for other dinners.

or steak and asparagus, or any veggie.

i made a fantastic gyro that was low calorie too
  • ChampagneLaughter495
    Options
    Skinnytaste has so many ideas and options!
  • Miss_Mabee
    Miss_Mabee Posts: 119 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    oooh I'm back because I thought of another. I am a BIG fan of pasta. To save calories I swap out the noodles for spaghetti squash. I just poke a couple holes in the squash and pop in the microwave for 5ish minutes. Let it cool a little then half it and take the seeds out. Perfect for stuffing with sauce or scrape it out and use like normal spaghetti. If you have more time you can also put it whole in the slow cooker for the day instead of microwaving so its ready when you get home.

I also love to use spiralized veggies. Mostly zucchini.

There are also shiritaki noodles that are good depending on the brand and have almost no calories.

AND... If you boil pasta, rice or potatoes with a Tbsp of coconut oil, drain and let cool. Then use it as the next day it actually has less calories. I kid you not.

http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/How-Make-Healthier-Rice-37167924

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/03/25/scientists-have-figured-out-a-simple-way-to-cook-rice-that-dramatically-cuts-the-calories/

http://time.com/3754097/rice-calories-starch/

Another reason why leftovers are awesome :)