Late night snacking

Options
TalayahJohnson
TalayahJohnson Posts: 4 Member
edited January 2016 in Motivation and Support
I'm in College and I eat dinner 7 then I go home and around 10 or 11 I start snacking and it won't be healthy foods. I eat things like pretzels and Nutella and candy. I feel like I ruining my whole day of healthy eating. What should I do

Replies

• Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Get rid of the junk food. Don't bring it home. Stock up on apples or some other healthy, relatively low-calorie snack that will fill you up. Buy nice herbal tea and sip it slowly.
  • evayna
    evayna Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I keep cut up fruits and vegetables in the fridge to snack on. I also got rid of all the candies in my house! My solution for chocolate cravings is homemade chocolate chia pudding, healthy and super satisfying! Hope this helps!
  • aldis_olof
    aldis_olof Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I toothbrush after dinner and nothing bud water to drink, it was hard first bud now i love it. Sleep better
  • evayna
    evayna Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Verdenal wrote: »
    Get rid of the junk food. Don't bring it home. Stock up on apples or some other healthy, relatively low-calorie snack that will fill you up. Buy nice herbal tea and sip it slowly.

Tea is a great idea! My recommendation: Bigelow Wild Blueberry & Acai Green Tea <3
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Save some calories in your day for a late night snack. Time of day you eat has no bearing on weight loss, so if you go through the day and find you need something at the end before bed, then you need to eat something before bed. Best way to do it is to allot a calorie limit for your meals, and leave yourself room at night for something to eat. It can be as healthy or unhealthy as you want, as long as it doesn't go over your calories allotted for that snack.

Example: my breakfast is the same thing every day and is less than 200 calories. I make sure my lunch isn't more than about 450 calories. That leaves me with 1000ish calories for dinner and late night snack(s), which is totally doable, espically since we cook a lot of dinners at home now. If you live in a dorm, you might not have as many options, but it's still doable, just takes some planning on your part.