rachelxnic Posts: 8 Member
edited January 2016 in Food and Nutrition
-1/2 cup oats
-1/2 avocado which is around 3 ounces
-1 tbsp peanut butter
-A sprinkle of ground ginger
-Some Splenda
-1 cup water

Add all Ingredients mixed with the 1 cup of water and cook in microwave for 1 1/2 minutes. Stir and enjoy!

If you don't like avocados you should try them with the peanut butter avocado oats. There is not a strong avocado taste and it makes the oats creamy.

Side note: this breakfast has around 380 calories BUT the fiber keeps you filled for a long time.

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    Something to try!! Thankyou!
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    The USDA lists 13 g. fiber for one WHOLE avocado.
  • The313
    The313 Posts: 3,145 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you can't just grab the first entry. Try the USDA one that has been verified 80+ times. 3 oz has about 6 grams of fiber.

That said, I love the taste of avocado and would not cover it up with peanut butter. :grin:
  • rachelxnic
    Options
    Looks like I'm an idiot. Might as well delete the post
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Not an idiot, just misled as many of us are by some of the goofy entries in the database.
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    No, you're not an idiot. I love MFP, but their unconfirmed food entries can really mess up your tracking. The issue is theirs, not yours.
  • instantmartian
    instantmartian Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I think I might have to try this. It sounds wonderful! Even though it only really comes in around 11-12 grams of fiber, that's still almost half the recommended amount for an adult female (25 g) all knocked out at breakfast. I love the addition of the healthy fats, too. I can definitely see this filling me up, and it may allow me to eat oatmeal without feeling like I'm starving an hour later. Thanks for sharing!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    rachelxnic wrote: »
    Looks like I'm an idiot. Might as well delete the post

You are NOT an idiot. The database has lots of random and inaccurate data, it's happened to all of us.

Your recipe still looks really good. I love peanut butter and oatmeal, I never thought to include avocado. I will be trying this.
  • rachelxnic
    Options
    I was being pretty dramatic over a simple mistake lmao I edited the post now so it's not misleading. Thank you all for making me feel better :)
  • Mr_Jones09
    Mr_Jones09 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Rachelxnic - good receipt. I personally wouldn't use Splenda because I think everything else will give it taste. I'm definitely going to recommend this to my wife. He loves avocados.