Dairy Free

Options
gilec97
gilec97 Posts: 1 Member
I recently realized that I cant have dairy, what are some good dairy free recipe ideas that are 500 calories or less.

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Baked chicken and a side of veggies? Track your calcium. Osteoporosis is debilitating.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Soy milk has similar calories and protein.
    =====
    A good lunch or breakfast is 2 bacon and 2 eggs on 2 pieces of your fav bread and some mustard. Eat with a side of fresh cut up cucumbers.
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Being dairy-free isn't nearly as bad as some people make it out to be. My husband found out 8 years ago he can't have casein (protein found in dairy).

We drink soy or almond milk, use Tofutti brand sour cream (it's really good) and whenever he is craving mac & cheese or alfredo I'll make cashew cream sauce and mix in some soy cheese (try a few brands before deciding if you like it or not - it took us a while to find one we both liked). We order pizza without cheese (it's good, seriously) and just omit cheese from most other things. If ranch dressing/dip is your thing, the Lipton Kosher ranch dip packets in the grocery store are dairy free - mixed with some of the sour cream I mentioned above - it's so good!

Most recipes you find out there can be made dairy free. Then, it's just a matter of portion control to keep them under 500 calories.

Feel free to friend request me - you're welcome to message me anytime for recipes or with questions.