I am an emotional eater...:(

Options
I've tried to lose weight 50 plus times since I was just 10 years old. I can't stick to anything. Anyone reccomend any books found at the library or plans ? I am now 215 lbs. and 5'6. Must get down to 130 at all costs !

Replies

• Gertox
    Gertox Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can do it !!!!
  • kzimmkelsey1
    kzimmkelsey1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would recommend you not get into those fad diets and just change your eating habits instead. Watch what you eat and portion control is the biggest factor! Trust me you'll see a difference after 3-4 weeks.
  • Zellyrus
    Zellyrus Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Take out those emotions with exercise instead of calories. I went stress walking instead of stress eating one evening and I found it SO much more rewarding. It gave me the time to think through my problems while also tiring me out and calming me down.
  • MountainMamaNB
    MountainMamaNB Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Weigh and log your food - helps you be accountable for and conscious of how much you are really eating. Though I agree - change your habits once and for all - don't bounce around on fad diets. Remember it's a lifestyle change not a diet :)
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Here is the plan I've been following:

Use this calculator to find out how many calories you should be eating every day. http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Then buy yourself a food scale and weigh and measure every single thing you eat and drink every day. Log your calories on Myfitness Pal.

Repeat this, over and over. It's slow but it works.