Zumba!

Options
Okay, so I've heard Zumba is awesome and a great workout, so I googled it and found the Zumba website. There is a DVD pack that is selling for $90, but I don't want to invest that much money into something I'm not sure I will like.

The problem is, I can't seem to find any single Zumba DVD's available for purchase. I can only find the DVD pack. Anyone know where I can purchase just 1 Zumba DVD?

Replies

• jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    i got the pack from amazon for 60$ i dont know if they sell separate. I heard libraries rent them, if you want to try it. I love it, i like the live classes better, though.
  • AmandaJ12
    AmandaJ12 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hey...Just a thought...but you should go to a class first and that is where you will see if you really like it or not. I TRY to go to Zumba twice a week and I absolutely love it. I would do that before buying the DVD's...you can go to the Zumba website and find a class near you! Good Luck and Best wishes!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    They have singles on Ebay
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    They have singles on Ebay

Or you can get the sets on Ebay too. I got my set for $52 shipped.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I was in an Ingigo book store last weekend and they had all of these great workout dvds there including Zumba. But it was the one with weights. you could try your local library maybe borrow it.
  • JenniferLynWhat
    Options
    Or you could try wii zumba, for $30. Cheaper than $90 anyway..that's going to be my "reward" for losing 20lbs!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I bought this "Zumba" (which is a brand) DVD at Amazon for $9.98

Dance Fitness for Beginners with MaDonna Grimes: African Beat - Latin Heat

http://www.amazon.com/Dance-Fitness-Beginners-MaDonna-Grimes/dp/B0006H31SA/ref=sr_1_3?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1308318269&sr=1-3
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I agree, the class is the best, but I'm going to purchase the dvd set for the fall when I go back to work. E-bay sells singles and you can get the 4 pack for about $40 with shipping if you do a "buy it now" option. I've been following the site for a few days to try to get it for as cheap as possible.
  • Foxworth81
    Foxworth81 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    There are also some zumba videos on Youtube. They aren't always full clips but they would give you an idea of what zumba is like.
    FYI- I think Zumba is so much fun, an awesome workout, and it has changed my life. Ok, that's the end of my Zumba plug!
  • hottiewannabe
    hottiewannabe Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Try a class first. It's so much more encouraging when you're there with others that also don't have a dancing bone in their body! LOL!
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I just purchased the sealed 4 dvd boxed set for 24.50....no shipping on E-bay.
  • brbetha01
    brbetha01 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely try going to a class. It's more fun being with others and they can look just as lost as yourself. Plus, I push myself harder and am able to focus for the entire time instead of being at home where stuff always interupts me.
  • alison_cpb
    alison_cpb Posts: 23
    Options
    The classes are WAY better. I haven't done a Zumba DVD but I did go to a class and it was soooo much fun! I want to go more often but time constraints are keeping me home...:grumble:
  • bonjourdiva
    Options
    I agree I would try going to a class before buying the DVDs. I am more motivated when I attend the classes than when I do it at home. The classes are fairly cheap, what do you have to lose? Keep us posted if you decide to go to a class and what you thought about it. Good Luck!!!
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    You can find videos on You tube. I tried a few of them before I purchased the entire kit from their website. I did try to purchase the set from EBay and was ripped of three times for almost $200.00 and took months to get all my money back. I hope everyone that used EBay has better luck than me.

I also purchased the Zumba for Wii.
  • Rookerie
    Rookerie Posts: 1
    Options
    I have to agree with those who recommend going to a class. I LOVE my Zumba classes and I LOVE my Zumba instructors...all of them! That's the great thing about going to a class; you never get bored with a routine, because every song is different, and every instructor has his or her own style.

I don't understand why myfitnesspal exercise calculators don't have Zumba in the database? I'm new here, and I feel like I'm doing something wrong when I try to add my exercise routines. Out of all I do four days a week, the only thing that came up in the database was bellydance. Really?? That would have been the LAST one I would have expected! :D
  • heaven2007
    Options
    Invest. Its great! Working for me :-)
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with those who recommend going to a class. I LOVE my Zumba classes and I LOVE my Zumba instructors...all of them! That's the great thing about going to a class; you never get bored with a routine, because every song is different, and every instructor has his or her own style.

I don't understand why myfitnesspal exercise calculators don't have Zumba in the database? I'm new here, and I feel like I'm doing something wrong when I try to add my exercise routines. Out of all I do four days a week, the only thing that came up in the database was bellydance. Really?? That would have been the LAST one I would have expected! :D

HRM is the best for this but they are expensive for some folks. a alot of people use this
    www.zumbacalories.com
    I have a Polar HRM and outta curiosity plugged in my stats and the website was actually pretty spot on with my HRM. 100-150 calorie difference with the HRM being higher.
  • kmcgaw
    kmcgaw Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I also agree about trying a class first. Lots of them offer 'drop-in'. I just finished 10 weeks of Zumba (once/week) and I can't wait to go again in the fall. Fastest hour ever! I also have Zumba 2 for Wii, but it's not as much fun alone.
  • lmeasterling
    lmeasterling Posts: 139 Member
    Options

I don't get it either! Since I do Zumba probably 4x a week, it was easiest to manually input it as one of my exercises. I used http://www.zumbacalories.com/ as a jumping off point to determine the # of calories I burn. :)