The Details on Fat in Foods

Options
Hey Everyone! I am just wondering if someone could explain the difference of fat in foods. Today I had 2 eggs for breakfast and I did not realize how much fat was in an egg. The same goes for cheese. Is this fat different than fat in foods such as fried foods, potato chips, etc.? Thanks!!

Replies

• raavyn
    raavyn Posts: 8
    Options
    Dietary fat is not altogether terrible for you. Eggs are better for you than potato chips and fried foods because of the CARBS, not the fat.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    The fats in "natural" foods are healthy. Like nuts, eggs and meats. The fats in chips.... Well, that's a man made product and it is unhealthy. Hope that helps :)
  • lwhod
    lwhod Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Your body needs fat- your brain needs fat to function correctly. It is the carbs in other foods that are the problem not the fat. I highly recommend watching the movie Fat Head on this topic and then just start reading up on the topic. I started this venture in April without much success. I started the very end of May, just trying less than 100 G of carbs a day and sometimes I am way under, under, at 100, or over and the weight has been just dropping as well as the fat around my mid-section appears to be melting away.