Trying to eat more protein.

I'd rather eat my calories than drink them this is why I'm trying to give Dr. Pepper. I only have one a day currently.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Drink the diet version? Save the cals that way?
  • platinum1k
    platinum1k Posts: 20 Member
    edited January 2016
    Oh I have tried the diet DP . I can't do diet anything it tastes horrible but thank you.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Not sure what Dr. Pepper has to do with protein. Is there diet Dr. Pepper?

Traditional breakfast proteins include eggs, bacon, ham, oatmeal (especially if paired with Greek yogurt).

Meats of all kind can help you reach your protein goals. Though higher in fat, nuts and cheeses can help too.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    I love Dr Pepper. I just allow myself small servings every so often... a bottle on the weekends or whatever. Fits in my calorie goals and I still get to enjoy my simple vice.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    jgnatca wrote: »

Traditional breakfast proteins include eggs, bacon, ham, oatmeal (especially if paired with Greek yogurt).

Meats of all kind can help you reach your protein goals. Though higher in fat, nuts and cheeses can help too.

Yes, there is diet Dr. Pepper and Dr. Pepper Ten (has ten calories, much more "realistic" taste).
  • platinum1k
    That sounds like a good idea really Dr Pepper is the only bad vice I have I don't smoke I don't eat sweets so maybe I'll just continue having one a day or one every so often thank you.
  • platinum1k
    Dr. Pepper has nothing to do with protein I want to eat more protein and drink less Dr Pepper.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    For me, the problem lies in buying more than a serving or two. If I buy it and it's in my house, I WILL drink it. So, limiting my purchases is the effective method for me.
  • platinum1k
    I do not drink diet drinks I've read way too many bad things about them and I don't want to get started on diet drinks I think they make you fat and I'm only 115 pounds.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    platinum1k wrote: »
    I do not drink diet drinks I've read way too many bad things about them and I don't want to get started on diet drinks I think they make you fat and I'm only 115 pounds.

No, diet drinks don't make you fat. Eating too many calories does.
  • platinum1k
    jgnatca wrote: »

Let me clear it up for you Dr Pepper has nothing to do with protein I was simply stating I wanted to eat more protein and drink less Dr Pepper.
  • platinum1k
    For me, the problem lies in buying more than a serving or two. If I buy it

Well I don't want to get started on diet drinks.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    At 115 pounds, I take it your goal is weight gain/maintenance? Are you getting your protein minimums every day?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member

If you don't want to drink diet drinks, don't drink them. But it's impossible for them to make you fat. You need calories to gain weight, something that diet soda doesn't have.
  • platinum1k

I'd rather eat my calories than drink them this is why I'm trying to give Dr. Pepper. I only have one a day currently.

Well people it's been good talking to you guys I'm off to the gym. Have a healthy active day.