Pregnant and Determined ❤️

Options
Hi my name is Aireal. I'm pregnant with my first child a little girl whose name will be ocean. I plan on losing the weight that I've gained during my pregnancy quickly so that I can get back to my modeling career I am definitely focused and would love some supportive friends and community members to give and receive support.

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    It's wonderful that's you're determined to lose the weight after pregnancy, but I would caution you to be kind to your body and lose at a reasonable pace. I don't know if you plan on breastfeeding, but if you do, LLL recommends no more than 1 lbs a week. Otherwise, wait until you have your first post-partum checkup with your OB before beginning cutting calories. Your body needs to heal from the major trauma of child-birth. And if you breastfeed, you need to make sure your milk-supply is well established. And again, as far as breastfeeding goes, do not eat below 1800 calories or your milk supply will suffer. If you don't BF, just remember to go easy and ease your body into exercise (after your PP appointment) and don't do too much too soon. Things will be... sore down there for a good bit.
  • jdehart48
    jdehart48 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi! How far along are you? I'm 25w and this is my third baby. In my past pregnancies I gained 50-75lbs and I really hope to gain the minimum this time so I'm eating super clean and trying to stay active. What is your plan during your pregnancy to help your postpartum?
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi, congrats on your baby girl! Feel free to add me. We moms need to support each other!