Any pregnant ladies using My Fitness Pal?

Options
jordananne0711
jordananne0711 Posts: 1 Member
edited January 2016 in Introduce Yourself
This is my second time using My Fitness Pal.

I had my first child in 2010, and used MFP to lose the 86 pounds I gained while pregnant. After I lost all that weight, I thought I didn't need this app anymore, and stopped using it. Before I knew it, I gained almost all the weight back that I lost.

This past August, I found out I was pregnant with my second child! (I'm due May 4th). Although I was beyond excited, I was nervous. I gained so much weight with my first child. And I was starting out this pregnancy overweight.

I found out a few weeks ago that I have a blood pressure problem, and gestational diabetes. Neither of which I had my first pregnancy. My doctor has informed me that I need to watch what I eat. So I decided to download MFP again, and get my butt on track!!! I am not trying to lose weight right now, I just need to monitor every little thing I eat. I'm 26 weeks pregnant and have only gained 15 pounds so far. I am very happy about that! Haha

I look forward to meeting you all!!! And I wish everyone the best of luck on their fitness journey!!!

Replies

• patience2016
    patience2016 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! First of all, I wanted to wish you good health and a calm, joyful heart through your pregnancy. I am also pregnant, but very early. My goal is to be as healthy as possible during my pregnancy. If you'd like, let's add each other. I could use support and encouragement, too!
  • AnnieMusicing
    AnnieMusicing Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, pregnant mama chiming in!
    14 weeks pregnant, 'obese', and trying to keep my total weight gain <20 lbs.
    Only problem- gained 5 lbs already! Gah! MFP, here we go!

Best of luck, ladies! :smiley:
  • patience2016
    patience2016 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Annie! You too!
  • LoveToDance9
    LoveToDance9 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am! Feel free to add me if any of you would like.
  • jdehart48
    jdehart48 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'd love to stay in touch! I'm new to MFP and I'm due May 10th with my third baby! In my past pregnancies I gained 50-75lbs but was able to lose most of it. This last summer I started a new medication and gained 30lbs and then to my surprise, got pregnant! So I'm trying really hard to eat really clean and gain the minimum amount so I can set myself up for success postpartum. I'm on Whole30 right now but will be switching to paleo type dieting in February. I really need to up my exercise though!
  • Verablackrabbit
    Verablackrabbit Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yep! I'm currantly 5mths with my 4th child! And after gaining ranges of 45-55lbs with my other pregnancys ending at 180lbs and 208lbs, I'm really keeping myself on track this time. Starting weight being 125 and I've only gained 4lbs so far. So my main focus is to stay healthy and not becoming a "carb-etarian" and eat only healthy fats and stay a vegetarian momma. I'd like some pals!!!??? Most of the people I knew have left MFP.
  • blleadon
    blleadon Posts: 187 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hi everyone. Preggo mama here. I began using MFP back in 2012 and over a 3 year period, I managed to drop 41 pounds. (I'm 5'6, and started at about 183) Over the next year I pretty much maintained (while still tryin to lose a little). I found out I was pregnant with my first back in August and I'm due May 2. I have been using mfp the whole time but was never sure how to set my calories so I never changed them. I was so used to the mindset of a calorie deficit after finally losing the weight I wanted to that I had to remind myself that I'm supposed to eat more lol. I have no idea how much I have gained so far, but my doctor says things look good so far. Hoping to keep it up.
    I have to thank mfp for the energy I have had thus far in this pregnancy and keeping up with my nutrients. Feel free to add!!! And congratulations to everyone.
  • emmaleckallton
    emmaleckallton Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Currently 5 months pregnant with baby number 2, trying to limit my gain to 20lbs but that's not working out to well lol! Lost almost all of my baby weight bar about 10lbs by the time my daughter was 11 months (my lo is 15month old now) then found out I was pregnant in October and I gained a lot. Feel free to add, always looking for extra support :)
  • RTMorales13
    RTMorales13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    15 weeks pregnant with my 2nd. Have gained about 2 pounds so far & would really like to remain healthy. I workout at the gym at least 3x a week but occasionally go 2x. Wish fitness pal had a specific app for pregnancy so I can keep a more specific diary of all my intake.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Not pregnant now, but I used MFP to track my food through my last 2 pregnancies.

It's a great tool for tracking macros, especially carbs if you're dealing with GD. Follow the guidelines you've been given by your OB (or dietician) as far as total calories and carbohydrates. You can customize your goal to fit those. And, for me, just logging everything helps me be more mindful of what I'm feeding myself.

Congratulations and good luck!