Gestational diabetes here!!

Options
I'm pregnant and I have gestational diabetes. Now I have to track all meals and control my sugars!!

Replies

• allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Good news is that if you keep your levels where they need to be you can control it and not have to take any pills or needles. I had gestational diabetes with my 2nd child and vowed I would not take any pill or needle and I never had to. I controlled it all by diet and all I craved was sweets. I ate right and kept a big dark chocolate, chocolate bar in the freezer and had one square after each meal to settle my craving. It wasn't easy but I just kept my baby in mind and did what I had to do. You can do this and congrats on the baby :)
  • blackgirlslift
    blackgirlslift Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!!! I really needed some encouragement!!!
  • AnnieMusicing
    AnnieMusicing Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
    Hi blackgirlslift, best of luck! I, too, am expecting. Not GD, but since I already have my weight severely working against me, I'm back on MFP to try to make the right decisions and hold myself accountable.

You got this!!!
  • jdehart48
    jdehart48 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi! I haven't had my GD test quite yet, I'm due May 10th but I'm focusing on eating really clean right now and I want to up my exercise so that I'm strong during labor and postpartum :)
  • Viddybear
    Viddybear Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just got word this morning that my 3 hour tolerance test results were abnormal. Your post makes me feel like I'm not so alone. I know that I can manage this, I just need to be diligent! Good luck to you! When are you due?