Pregnancy and mfp

Options
twinnyspence
twinnyspence Posts: 1 Member
edited January 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone,

I've recently found out that I'm pregnant and I'm keen to not gain an excessive amount of weight to have an easier pregnancy and make it easier to return to my previous pregnancy weight afterwards. Is anyone else also monitoring through pregnancy? I'm eating around 1800 calories and now swimming instead of doing spinning and circuit training as I've heard it's a good way to get cardio exercise with low impact on the body. Does anyone have any fitness goals while pregnant and doing something similar?☺

Replies

• vvento
    vvento Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    We just had a baby in November and throughout, MFP was awesome because of the recommended 70g of protein during pregnancy. however, she consumed more than that but it sure was helpful during and now after that she is breastfeeding. She gained her natural 25-28lbs and is already back to pre-pregnancy weight. elisabethvandenber22 is her Username, send her an invite. I would suggest getting a food scale as when we started weighing in grams how much we ate, we could measure out and see that we were both either carb heavy some weeks or fat heavy others. keeping a good balance is key for a healthy pregnancy (we are bodybuilders, hence she lifted weights and swam as we are also swimmers) Congratulations by the way. if you need any other help you can also friend me for some of our recipes if you have questions.
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi, congrats on your pregnancy. I am a birth doula and love chatting with moms about staying healthy throughout their pregnancy and in the postpartum period. Feel free to add me!
  • Mel_Mel
    Mel_Mel Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm a first time mom and 25 weeks pregnant. I love using MFP! It helps me make better choices and stay active. I have gained only about 6 lbs but I think it's a great tool to use. Congrats on your pregnancy!!!!
  • jdehart48
    jdehart48 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi! We should stay in touch! I'm new to the app but I think we can "friend" each other right? I'm due May 10th and started out higher in weight than I wanted to be so I'm trying to only gain the minimal amount and stay active.