Reason weight is lower than it should be??

Options
LizC26
LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
When I weighed last night, the scale said I was down 3 lbs from my last weigh in weight (which was 2lbs down from the week before) I'm only 133lbs, so I don't really think that could be possible. I see reasons all the time that may make you weigh more than your "real" weight, but are there any reasons that may make you weigh less. I've been eating normally...I'm just confused :/

Replies

• Heraci
    Heraci Posts: 23
    Options
    Did you weigh yourself at the same time both days? Your weight can fluctuate a lot during a day.
  • devenwarvel
    devenwarvel Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Sometimes my TOM really causes me to lose a good amount of weight right after?? That is my only thought.
  • Xlyinia
    Xlyinia Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing at the same time of day? I know I weigh my absolute least about 1 hour after I wake up and my most is right before bed, so depending on your body the time of day makes a big difference (up to 6 pounds for me). And also I find that depending on where I am in relation to my cycle.....water weight can artifically inflate numbers one week and make the second week look like I lost 10 pounds. It is crazy!
  • nafisapreston
    nafisapreston Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Did you have a weight gain the week before the 2 pound loss? Or, have you been eating earlier in the day or exercising more frequently than you used to? I know that if I finish dinner a few hours before bedtime, the scale is friendlier to me even though I eat the same amount of calories. It's also possible that you're metabolism has increased. Did you check the scale a few times? My scale fluctuates sometimes. It'll read a different weight seconds later. I don't recall ever being consistent enough to lose 5 pounds in two weeks, so I can't really tell you much. Congrats on your continued weight loss :)
  • LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing at the same time of day? I know I weigh my absolute least about 1 hour after I wake up and my most is right before bed, so depending on your body the time of day makes a big difference (up to 6 pounds for me). And also I find that depending on where I am in relation to my cycle.....water weight can artifically inflate numbers one week and make the second week look like I lost 10 pounds. It is crazy!

This is part of what confused me. I always weigh more in the AM than at night, and this weight was taken right before bed...&& I have an IUD so I don't have a TOM....

I guess I'll just wait a day or so and see if it stays off :)