Hello, I am new to MFP

Options
Hi, my name is Missy and I am the mother of a 24 year old daughter. I have been overweight pretty much since I gave birth to her. I have yo-yo'd with my weight for 24 years and I am sick of it. Tired of the rollercoaster ride and I want OFF! I joined MFP because a friend of mine told me about it and I thought it would be a good tool to help me in this journey. I am looking for people who are sick of the rollercoaster ride and want to make changes in their life to get healthy and get off this ride. Maybe we can encourage each other to get healthy because we are gonna have those days where we just don't care and go eat some cake and none of us need to do that. Because one piece of cake leads to another, then we are right back where we started.

Replies

• MsWright28
    MsWright28 Posts: 43
    Options
    Welcome :) sending friend request now! Good luck and I would love to be a part of your journey as you can be for mine. We all need a little motivation. :flowerforyou:
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard Missy. I am glad you are giving this site a try. I really think you will enjoy it. We now just need to get Christy more motivated to the site.
  • mseab71
    mseab71 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Welcome Missy! I think you are in the right place to make the right changes to get off this rollercoaster!! I wish you much luck on your journey! It will not be easy but you are in the right place for encouragement and the lift everyone needs to succeed!! Sending you a friend request...Feel free to accept!! Good Luck!

Michelle
  • ch178
    ch178 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this such a great place to get support. Good luck on your journey.
  • Karyn1120
    Karyn1120 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    From one mother of a 24 year old daughter to another -- Welcome!
    :smile:
  • tgreggi31
    tgreggi31 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello, I'm also new to MFP. My daughter Ashley who lives in England told me about the page not quite sure how to use it, but willing to give it a try. I'm 46 and currently weigh the most I ever have motivation seems 2 b a real issue for me.
  • Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Friend request on the way

Welcome to MFP, it is a great site with loads of lovely people for support & friendship

Good Luck

Di

:flowerforyou:
  • onmyweightohappiness
    onmyweightohappiness Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP feel free to add me if you want. Love having people to support me as well as people to support! The support is whats kept me motivated the last year!