Hey guys! 320lbs to 245lbs (so far)

Options
AustinAllen60
AustinAllen60 Posts: 10 Member
edited January 2016 in Introduce Yourself
I'm Austin. I have been a bigger guy my entire life. I am 6'4 with a 7' wing span.I was lucky enough to earn a D1 football scholarship. I had always thought that I needed to be the biggest guy, so I ate my way up to 320lbs. After weighing 320lbs for a few years, I became disgusted in myself and decided it was time to change my life. So, over the summer going into my sophomore football season, I lost 50lbs and got down to 270lbs. I wanted to lose more weight, but my coaches told me to gain weight back. So I gained back up to 280-290lbs and stayed there until my last football game. I went into my last football game weighing 280lbs, and now, 2 months later, I am down to 245lbs. I have been very inspired by people like yourselves, and I just wanted to share this story with y'all to thank you. I intend to lose down to around 220-230lbs, which will be 100lbs less than my highest weight, and hopefully stay around that weight for the rest of my life. Feel free to reply to this discussion with any questions or for just inspiration. Again, I appreciate you guys so much, even though I do not know you personally.

Replies

• AustinAllen60
    Options
    35h1rccl24nh.png

This is an image of my transformation over my college career. I will upload pictures of now soon! Thanks for all of your support!
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Very awesome job!
  • texxaskid77
    texxaskid77 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Good job buddy !
  • JenGP83
    JenGP83 Posts: 30 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Great Job!! I know you will reach your goal! Look how far you've already come! Here for support and to cheer you on!
  • bigmac280
    bigmac280 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I really could use the support of a guy who is living it.. And doing what it takes to lose it... Any suggestions Austin??
  • krushal8880
    krushal8880 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Great job................ keep it up! :)
  • mugofire
    mugofire Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your story. Very inspirational.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats! Keep it up!
  • crystalwenner1
    crystalwenner1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing already! Good for you you are a real inspiration! Keep up the great work! You can add me if you want!
  • Tisha1386
    Tisha1386 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Great job!!! That's incredible!!! Congrats!!!
  • AustinAllen60
    Options
    bigmac280 wrote: »
    I really could use the support of a guy who is living it.. And doing what it takes to lose it... Any suggestions Austin??

My biggest problem starting off was a lack of knowledge and a lack of honesty with myself. MFP is a very useful too, especially for basic calorie counting. But, I wanted to weigh 280lbs, be lean, and have the energy to perform all at the same time. So I had to educate myself on the right balance and number of nutrients, and I am still experimenting with this balance now. I also had a tendency to not enter in everything that I ate, or overexaggerate the calories that I thought I had burned during exercise. By lying to myself, I was not doing anything but hurting myself. I invested in the Fitbit HR, and that really put a stop to the over- exaggeration of exercise calories. As far as not entering in food, I have had to discipline myself over time and really condition myself by punishing myself when I did lie. Eventually, the guilt would overwhelm me.

So what helped me lose nearly 80 pounds (so far) the most was educating myself about how to exercise most effectively and how to eat, not lying to myself, and investing in a fitness tracker.

• bstewart1973
    bstewart1973 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Great story! Keep up the great work. Now, I need some of that motivation.