Garcia Cambogia

Options
Has anyone used Garcia Cambogia and lost weight or it not work? Insight?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Save your money, as eating at a deficit is free.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    It's tamarind....found in many Indian dishes, takeout would be more satisfying
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    If pills worked, no one would be fat.
    Please do not fall for things you read on magazines or see on TV.
    In 2009, the Food and Drug Administration warned everyone to stop using a weight-loss product that contained garcinia cambogia because some people taking it got serious liver problems.
    http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-and-supplements/garcinia-cambogia-weight-loss?page=2
  • TwinkieMama2015
    TwinkieMama2015 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    If Dr Oz is pushing it, and he Is, then you know it is crap.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    yeah I tried it ages ago - the first time I tried to diet after baby. It suppressed my appetite for a couple of weeks then I got immune to it and it made no difference whatsoever.

So yeah, not worth it.

I also then tried to use it when I started MFP (I did the pills first because they were miracle and I'd lose weight without you know - anything). When I started MFP I got put on the default 1200 and was starving so I used the pills again to try to suppress appetite again in order to manage to stick to 1200.

I lost weight. I think it was 5 kilos. Then I gave up because I was so starving. I put it ALL back on (and all this time I was going to the gym 5x/week doing cardio and a circuit class).

Then I discovered you can actually eat more and still lose weight. I also discovered weightlifting. Now I am happier.

Good luck!
  • Ruthhormachea
    Ruthhormachea Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Tried it didn't work for me I was obsessed after I saw it at the dr oz show its just a lie I'm losing weight just by staying under my calories goal and being active
  • elaineamj
    elaineamj Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I tried it and found it did suppress my appetite. I was planning to use it for this round of weight loss - but found after a few days that I wasn't particularly hungry anyway and felt satisfied with my meals. So I didn't need it. I'm managing fine of 1200 cals (plus 1/2 my exercise calories)

All 3 of my close friends who lost and maintained (for years) used it successfully and said it helped.
  • RedBeardBruce
    RedBeardBruce Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    No scientific consensus that garcinia works better than placebo exists.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    If you want to see it from a scientific perspective rather than Dr. Oz-like user reviews: examine.com/supplements/Garcinia%20cambogia/

Some isolated studies do note weight loss, but it appears to be quite variable and unreliable. Many studies also do report subjective appetite decrease, but tend to record dropout rates (how often people leave the study due to being unable to maintain the diet protocol) rather than food intake; even then the benefits are still unreliable and sometimes not present.

Although there is some limited potential for (-)-Hydroxycitric acid as a weight loss aid, the magnitude of effect is quite low (up to 2kg over 3 months) and the benefit is unreliable; making it hard to recommend this compound as a fat burner or anti-obesity agent.

Translation: It's a scam (like every other fat-burner/diet pill) and the only thing that will get lighter is your wallet.
  • alismommy1992
    alismommy1992 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Ok i hate when people say blah blah dont take this dont take that etc...garcinia cambogia DOES work on the way of suppresing your appetite so you eat less that is what leads to weight loss i think it may help begginers so they can get used to eating less but it will not magically make you thin...so at the end it helps but if u do use it only use it for a little while...
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Are you planning to buy and take this pill for the rest of your life?
  • Julz868
    Julz868 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Steer clear as this product is just a gimmick, if it wasn't we wouldn't be here, sprinkle your vege with a little Tumeric- has incredible health benefits
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Ok i hate when people say blah blah dont take this dont take that etc...garcinia cambogia DOES work on the way of suppresing your appetite so you eat less that is what leads to weight loss i think it may help begginers so they can get used to eating less but it will not magically make you thin...so at the end it helps but if u do use it only use it for a little while...

Do you have some studies to support this claim that it suppresses appetite?
  • absoluttalent
    absoluttalent Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I tried it
    Normal dose, no effects
    Double dose, no effects
    Tossed in trash, still no effects

Atleast it wasn't that expensive.