Magic Bullet Love Affair....need some advice ;)

Options
I admit it, i'm having a love afair with my magic bullet lil' blender!

Loving my morning smoothies :) I know alot of people put protein powder in there but I've never tried any...got any good recommendations?

I would really like to be able to use something I don't have to go to a specialty shop and spend a fortune on too.

THANKS!

Replies

• katt742
    katt742 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I use one or two scoops of GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey Protein powder (chocolate) with 1 frozen banana and water in the large cup for the Magic Bullet. I use the Criss cross blades, not the flat ones. It is so yummy!! Tastes like a chocolate banana milkshake...no lie! Its my motivator to work out hard. If I dont have a good hard workout I dont allow myself the yummy shake!!! lol.
  • glamroxjax
    glamroxjax Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I use a scoop of Shakeology (17g) and a scoop of GNC Lean Shake. (11g)
  • apapandrea
    apapandrea Posts: 30
    Options
    I recerntly fell in love with my magic bullet mini blender as well!! If anyone has suggestions for a non flavored protein powder that'd be great, I love fruit smoothies but don't like vanilla and am not very into adding chocolate to the smoothies.

thanks!
  • glamroxjax
    glamroxjax Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'll admit, the shakeology is expensive, but like most supplements...you usually get what you pay for. Check out sites like http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ :)
  • Jrh2os
    Jrh2os Posts: 28
    Options
    I'm also a morning smoothie lover. The main ingredients in mine are nf yogurt, frozen strawberries and a banana, (sometimes other fruit), but the other ingredient I add is lots of spinach (usually about 2 cups). It gives it kind of a strange color, but you can't really taste the spinach at all and it adds lots of iron and vitamins.
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I recerntly fell in love with my magic bullet mini blender as well!! If anyone has suggestions for a non flavored protein powder that'd be great, I love fruit smoothies but don't like vanilla and am not very into adding chocolate to the smoothies.

thanks!

I add a little fruit to mine...I love blueberries it makes me think shakes mmm.
  • vthomeschoolmom
    vthomeschoolmom Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Now some people won't go for this, but I use egg beaters. It has protein without all the calories. Some people don't like the raw business. But they are pasteurized, so I feel safe about it. I add a touch of cinnamon and/or a spec of vanilla. I don't like the flavor of most protein powders.

DISCLAIMER: Eat raw egg product at your own risk. ;) Don't want the mods getting mad at me for posting "dangerous" advice. ;)