117lbs down--feeling amazing!

Options
cm_rosa
cm_rosa Posts: 5 Member
Hi, my name is Cindy. I started this journey just over a year ago. I had tried all different types of "diets" to try and help me lose weight, however, none of them lasted past the initial 15-20 lbs down. Then surprise--the weight came back. What I never realized was that they were never going to work. The day that changed things for me?? I walked into work from my car and was winded by the time I got to the elevators...that was it! I decided finally that I needed help. This was probably the hardest thing for me. I saw a commercial for a weight loss program in my area and they offered free consultations--I figured what did I have to lose right? BEST DECISION I EVER MADE!!! They finally taught me to eat correctly. I learned to eat to live--not live to eat. I learned that it was a lifestyle change--not a diet (which is why it never worked in the past). Once I knew these things, I was on the road to success. I'm so grateful everyday for making the decision to take my life back. Feel free to ask me anything. I could also use a few more friends ☺️. Having support is a big deal in sticking to your goals.

Replies

• BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Wow awesome work. Can add me if you like
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Great accomplishment.
  • niknull
    niknull Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would love to be your friend. I have no idea how to eat. My dr says I should cut all carbs out but do I cut calories too. I am so confused on how to eat to get this weight off.
  • cm_rosa
    Options
    niknull wrote: »
    I would love to be your friend. I have no idea how to eat. My dr says I should cut all carbs out but do I cut calories too. I am so confused on how to eat to get this weight off.

It's about balance. I still eat carbs, just not as many. Carbs are hidden in everything. I personally eat 4 veggies, 3 fruit, protein, 3 starches, dairy & healty fat daily. Portion control is key.
  • dorisj717
    dorisj717 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all your hard work. I am new to fitness pal and I could use some support. Please add me if you like.
  • dannmorris
    dannmorris Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Amazing results!
  • cm_rosa
    Options
    d45wj7rjxd78.jpg
    My progress
    image.jpg 1007.4K
  • Rozydreams
    Rozydreams Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Great work!!
  • HappyAnna2014
    HappyAnna2014 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You look GREAT!!!
  • inglysh731
    inglysh731 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Holy *kitten*. Nice Work.
  • inglysh731
    inglysh731 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    It won't let me say ʇᴉɥs? Unreal. Seriously though. Profound.
  • garimapu
    garimapu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    U look awesome
  • mgalsf12
    mgalsf12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! You must be so proud of yourself, now you know that you can do anything. Good job girl!!!
  • Murano243
    Murano243 Posts: 28 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    My goodness, better than a fantastic job, there are no words except keep up the awesome work and you look fantastic.
    Share your how I do it with us

Semper Fi
  • hotcoffee692
    hotcoffee692 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I love your proud, powerful stance in the last picture!
  • jennynorthern759
    jennynorthern759 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for sharing your story. Truly amazing!
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    you are inspirational! Nice work, what a difference a year makes!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! well done you! :)
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Holy crap - you look fantastic!!
  • EdieSwa
    EdieSwa Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You are so inspiring!! You look amazing, beautiful and so healthy too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!