I need will power

Options
My doctor told me about this app so I thought I'd give it a go. I'm hoping I don't get fed up like I have done in the past with all the other diets and shakes I've tried. I go really good for a few weeks but when I don't see big results I ruin it for myself. I have always been big. At 18 months old I had enormous thighs and I just kept getting bigger but I really need to do something now it's affecting my children's lives because I'm too embarrassed to take them swimming or go out for food. Any body with some good advice that can help me keep on track please add me x

Replies

• ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    1st: Don't think of this as a diet! This is learning to eat healthily and in the required amounts for your body to be healthy and strong. If you consider as 'just another diet', you'll get discouraged quickly. When you make a change to your eating or exercise habits, every change you make, consider if it's a change that you want to maintain for the rest of your life. (I've never met anyone who wanted to drink a protein shake three times a day for the rest of their life.)

2nd: Be patient with yourself. Learning new eating habits and learning the proper intake for your body takes time. There will be days when you'll blow out your calorie allowance. Smile, say "Tomorrow, I'll get in some extra walking and shake those calories off'" and move on. Don't be afraid to fail, because every failure teaches you what you need to do to go forward!

3rd: You've got this! You can do this! Go look at the success stories in the success story forum and see that every single one of those success stories was just like you once. Scared, overweight, unhealthy, and not sure where to start fixing it. You made the first step by coming here. I'm not saying it will be easy, but we're all here to back you up and support you. :)
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Baby steps! Will power is like a muscle. Start out slowly and work on building it.
  • 10Lisa21
    10Lisa21 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey Pal! Never let outsiders affect how you feel and what you do for your children. Be encouraged to change not only for them but for yourself so that you can watch them grow! God Bless you and Good Luck!
  • frantzcr
    frantzcr Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I recommend looking at the success stories and recipe thread daily for motivation and ideas!
  • lkaty123
    lkaty123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone
  • ArmorForFitness
    ArmorForFitness Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I think one important thing to look at is the definition of diet. If you look of diet in the dictionary, the first definition is the following: the kinds of food that a person, animal, or community habitually eats. Simply put, whatever you put into your body is part of your diet. In today's world whenever someone mentions diet, people think of it as a restriction of eating. I think one thing that can help is to not look at diet in the terms of a restriction of food, but rather simply what you put into your body. I hope that made sense! >.< Best of luck to you in your endeavors!