M/30/6'2 [309 to 180] (1.5 years) A decent amount of pics.

Options
13»

Replies

• JagZag
    JagZag Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    You've done a great job on yourself. Keep up the hard work.. :)
  • mimi2974
    mimi2974 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You look great! You really took control of your health. One day at a time. Congrats!
  • Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    You Look awesome!!!
  • jusbar71
    jusbar71 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You look very yummy! Very well done, I don't think you should put yourself through such a big operation, you look fantastic just the way you are
  • determined24girl
    determined24girl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    You look great! awesome job! :)
  • Killmenext
    Killmenext Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I appreciate all the kind words everyone. : D

I really really want to get the surgery though. Here is why.. I can hide it fairly well as long as my pants stay in one place, which they never will. Especially if I ever learn forward, or sit down.

Here is it hidden.

dc8cxhy3dhjs.jpg

889ck2o69t4n.jpg

But this is what it really looks like : / It is so very embarrasing, and makes me so self conscious that I wear compression pants pulled up high and refuse to take my shirt off. I don't want the surgery for anyone elses approval, I want it to feel good about myself.

jh0pm2631edj.jpg

qswzmqf2484s.jpg
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You have done a terrific job for yourself, and you should be very proud.
  • Praying_Mantis
    Praying_Mantis Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Jussilu wrote: »
    Kicking the alcohol and all that weight gone ........you have done an amazing job!

+100 !
  • Rach199xXx
    Rach199xXx Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Killmenext wrote: »
    Hello all, I just wanted to throw in a bit about my success story as well. Long story short I was a really bad alcoholic, to the point where I was closing in on liver issues, and was hospitalized a time or two. With help from an inpatient supervised program, I was able to get off the alcohol, and since then have completely change pretty much every aspect of my life. I eat extremely healthy, workout every other day, and have a much better overall outlook on life!

The only thing that is disappointing is the unfortunate leftover tummy skin, but I am hoping to one day get an abdominoplasty to get it removed, if I can ever afford it that is. Until then, I usually wear compression shorts to make me feel better when I am out and about, and in one of the later pics, my shorts can kind of hide it ok, but only if they stay right where they are.

Just wanted to share some of the pics of my progress. Hopefully it can inspire someone down the line, just like many others have for me since I started!

eouvm7ro2wy3.jpg
    hqwjsmemag8q.jpg
    gl0hpji9enfm.jpg
    cudyk5d06gwo.jpg
    rmu6s8xuglxy.jpg
    73ovpexqlbiy.jpg
    j59bxbabo69m.jpg
    z24pyc17ilpx.jpg
    0lgz7xodxew1.jpg
    csrrp8k9zx3f.jpg
    asa6nrno5jyn.jpg
    phmscjiuxgpb.jpg
    lquy1rybiekl.jpg
    qf3s5hd68f9a.jpg
    nd71cek8u704.jpg
    Killmenext wrote: »
    Hello all, I just wanted to throw in a bit about my success story as well. Long story short I was a really bad alcoholic, to the point where I was closing in on liver issues, and was hospitalized a time or two. With help from an inpatient supervised program, I was able to get off the alcohol, and since then have completely change pretty much every aspect of my life. I eat extremely healthy, workout every other day, and have a much better overall outlook on life!

The only thing that is disappointing is the unfortunate leftover tummy skin, but I am hoping to one day get an abdominoplasty to get it removed, if I can ever afford it that is. Until then, I usually wear compression shorts to make me feel better when I am out and about, and in one of the later pics, my shorts can kind of hide it ok, but only if they stay right where they are.

Just wanted to share some of the pics of my progress. Hopefully it can inspire someone down the line, just like many others have for me since I started!

eouvm7ro2wy3.jpg
    hqwjsmemag8q.jpg
    gl0hpji9enfm.jpg
    cudyk5d06gwo.jpg
    rmu6s8xuglxy.jpg
    73ovpexqlbiy.jpg
    j59bxbabo69m.jpg
    z24pyc17ilpx.jpg
    0lgz7xodxew1.jpg
    csrrp8k9zx3f.jpg
    asa6nrno5jyn.jpg
    phmscjiuxgpb.jpg
    lquy1rybiekl.jpg
    qf3s5hd68f9a.jpg
    nd71cek8u704.jpg

• Rach199xXx
    Rach199xXx Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello.. You have done excellent! You look great! Congratulations on the turning your whole life around. I am just curious as to what exercises you do every other day? If you wouldn't mind giving me some advice please.
  • inglysh731
    inglysh731 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Attaboy.
  • Killmenext
    Killmenext Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Rach199xXx wrote: »
    Hello.. You have done excellent! You look great! Congratulations on the turning your whole life around. I am just curious as to what exercises you do every other day? If you wouldn't mind giving me some advice please.

Hey there, thanks for the compliments! My routine is extremely basic, just 3-4 sets of bench, normal dumb bell curls, shoulder lifts, tri pull down, and just recently added rows now that I got my gym setup fully. I just do those every other day, not really trying to get much bigger to begin with, but do need to start adding some other exercises for my core and what not in. The most I have ever done was situps, and that is like once every 2 months, lol.
  • kmleaf
    kmleaf Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Very, very good job! I have lost 95 lbs over the past 9 months but I want to tell you about my son - he was my inspiration. He lost over 250 lbs but had a lot of extra skin that sagged and bagged. He had it surgically removed this past June. He had both his stomach and his chest done at the same time and he had never experienced any surgical procedures prior to this. I don't think he was mentally prepared for what he would feel like in the beginning and it really hit him hard, both physically and mentally. Once he got past the initial recovery period he was very happy that he had made the decision to get rid of that baggage but it did take a few months for all the swelling to go down and for his body to reshape itself. He had a great surgeon and he may have more work done in the future (arms and tush). His insurance paid for the upper body but not the lower - he didn't meet the criteria for the insurance company in that area. His out of pocket was $5,000 but I know he would tell you that it was worth every penny. He accepts that he will never have a perfect body but he just couldn't live with the one he had after he lost the weight. It was a constant reminder of all the years that he was morbidly obese and he was mad at himself all the time for the "wasted years". He still has body image issues that he is working through but my advice to him, as well as you, is to be kind to yourself. The picture you took of yourself where you are grabbing a handful of loose skin really reminded me of my son. He told me that he constantly did that when he was alone and that certainly didn't help his body image issues. You have made some HUGE changes in your life and taking control of either of your addictions is truly a feat that not many have accomplished, but you did both!! Take your time in deciding on the surgery - you might still see some more tightening but I do understand that it bothers you and you certainly deserve to be happy.

Hats off to you, sir. I wish you only the very best for your future. Good luck and stay healthy!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!