Hunger

Options
I have been working out 5 days a week since the beginning of January. So far I have lost 10 pounds. I eat breakfast, lunch and dinner. My portions are not large. My problem is that whenever I begin to work out to lose weight, I lose my hunger and don't want to eat sometimes. I have to force myself to eat. Granted, I do still consume my three meals a day which happen to be small, but I have never been able to do the 6 small meals a day. I am drinking water. Every once in a while if I can afford it, I will do a protein shake, but I don't always care for drinking chalk. Any suggestions for increasing the eating to the small meals or should I just continue what I am doing? My calorie intake is 1700. I am 5'9 and weigh 261. Any advice is great. Thanks.

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat a specific number of meals per day to lose weight. You could eat two meals or ten meals and it's not going to make you lose faster or slower. If you find that exercise is killing your appetite try to eat more food in the meals before your workout.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Eat foods with more calories maybe.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    It looks like you are doing fine. I eat 3 meals per day with no snacks. My weekday breakfast smoothies are made from whole foods (plain ff yogurt, greens, nuts, seeds, water, half a banana, and berries). As long as you are eating healthy foods (look up Mediterranean Diet),exercising regularly, and moving towards your goal, pat yourself on the back and have a reward!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,996 Member
    Options
    You don't need to eat six small meals if you would rather eat three. I usually eat 3 meals and only eat snacks if I'm hungry or too low under my calorie goal.
  • MamaMc3
    MamaMc3 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I couldn't eat 6 times a day if I tried! :) Just do what v works for you and fits in your calorie goals, and you're good to go!
  • twilson314
    twilson314 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice ladies
  • RedBeardBruce
    RedBeardBruce Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    What other's have said.

I have tried to eat many small meals over the day when I was lifting weights more, but I felt either hungry or tired most of the time. I switched to larger meals at night, when I have the most issues of being hungry and snacking, and smaller meals for breakfast and lunch and it's worked great for me.

As long as you hit your daily macros, it doesn't matter too much when/how much you eat at any certain time. Do w/e makes you feel best and that will help you maintain your program.

Good luck!