No-fruit or extra sugar Recipe?

drlinn
drlinn Posts: 3 Member
Hi, I just got a Nutri-Bullet and I'm looking for Smoothie ideas that are healthy and don't include fruit or extra sugar. Do you have a favorite you can share?

Replies

• zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    edited January 2016
    doesnt smoothie usually involve fruits? well it does for me and thats what makes it yummy.. i dont really know any shake or other recipe that require none so i cant help you with that.. umm maybe you can search for 'smoothie without fruit' online?

im just really curious to why you dont want to include any fruit? Is there any specific reason?
  • LindaNicholls1
    LindaNicholls1 Posts: 8 Member
    edited January 2016
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    So, you are basically interested in vegetable juice? I like carrot juice myself (although I add apples too) and tomato juice is usually popular with most people. But they definitely do not have smoothie texture.
    I also like coffee with milk and crushed ice, and this does have a smoothie-like texture, but I do not know if your blender will handle ice cubes. I bought one especially made for crushing ice, so I could drink my coffee smoothies in the summer.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    I like sweet potato, carrot and kale with stevia as a sweetener.
  • drlinn
    drlinn Posts: 3 Member
    My doctor has me on a very restrictive elimination diet to figure out what's upsetting my stomach. For now I'm only eating veggies, nuts, seeds, veggies, and lean meat. It's not very fun, my I'm feeling SO MUCH BETTER.
    zira91 wrote: »
    doesnt smoothie usually involve fruits? well it does for me and thats what makes it yummy.. i dont really know any shake or other recipe that require none so i cant help you with that.. umm maybe you can search for 'smoothie without fruit' online?

im just really curious to why you dont want to include any fruit? Is there any specific reason?

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    With that restrictive diet, you might be better off just eating the food.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    We also use our magic bullet to make marinades, purees, and dressings.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    I suggest looking for recipes that are like an iced-coffee. It might be worthwhile for you to pick up pure whey protein powder to make a protein loaded drink (to make the smoothie worthwhile) and Stevia (for sweetening).
  • Sakura_Tree
    Sakura_Tree Posts: 142 Member
    fruit sugar is good for you,our bodies run off fructose and carbs :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Smoothies are usually sweet. Why don't you want to have fruit? And do you need to make it difficult? Use the blender for smoothies, and other techniques to make other foods/meals/recipes without fruit and added sugar.