New, Not New.... Need Friends

Options
I'm not new to MFP, been here a few years. I've not been successful at my weight loss goals and I'm looking for a few (or a bunch) of friends to keep me motivated and on track.

About me. I've been as heavy as 250 pounds and as light as 155, never healthy either direction. This year I have decided to face the demons that haunt me creating my unhealthy habit with food. I've made the first steps of letting those closest to me know I have emotional issues tied to food. I eat when I'm stressed, sad, angry, bored mostly, occasionally because I'm happy but not normally. I am attempting to changes my reactions to these triggers to a more positive response.

As for the food portion, this year I am not cutting anything out. I am more prone to binge if I tell myself I cannot have something. I am adding better foods to my daily routine. For example, I make sure I get a minimum of 2 ounces of spinach/kale at least 5 days a week. Some days I have it only in my morning smoothie, other days with my meals. I'm making sure to start my day with a smoothie at least. I've never been a morning eater, I can drink my food in the morning but hate the chewing part for some reason. I have given myself freedom to eat what I want, within reason, on Saturdays so those days are likely over my allotment but I can accept that.

My goals this year are running a race every month (except January, financial reason.) Last year I ran a Half Marathon that kicked my *kitten*. I finished in 3:28:56, just under the official finish time. I'm signing up for the same race again this year with goal(s) 1 - 2:45, goal 2 3:00 and final goal 3 - 3:15. I'm going to be making aggressive goals, moderate goals and minimal goals just so I push harder! I would also like to do a Sprint-Tri with a goal of just not drowning in the swim portion.

So, if you've got the time, I'd love to be friends!

Replies

• JinxedyJinx
    JinxedyJinx Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi - I sent you a friend request! I'm also looking to add friends to help motivate and inspire!
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the group suggestion!
  • daveharris54
    daveharris54 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi, you can add me. It appears we are on a similar journey in respect of eating better. My fitness goals are not as aggressive as yours, but who knows what the future holds.