Frustrated!!

Options
Hey all! I am in need of some motivation!!! I have been busting my butt!! I got a personal trainer that I work out with 3 times a week and I work out in the evenings doing cardio. I also have been logging all of my food and have been staying within all of my ranges. Last Monday was weigh in day and I didn't lose anything! This Monday is weigh in day and I weighed myself this morning just to see where I am at and still....the same!!! Not even a pound lost in 2 weeks?! Super frustrating!!!:frown:

Replies

• kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I can't view your food diary but are you eating back most of your workout calories? Once I started doing that the weight started coming off. On days I know I'm going to burn a lot I eat more and I've lost nearly 2 lbs since Monday and that's when I started eating more calories back (leaving about 200-350 left over).
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Are you measuring yourself? I didnt gain this week but i lost 1/2 an inch all over.
  • officiallymrswhite
    officiallymrswhite Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I can't view your food diary but are you eating back most of your workout calories? Once I started doing that the weight started coming off. On days I know I'm going to burn a lot I eat more and I've lost nearly 2 lbs since Monday and that's when I started eating more calories back (leaving about 200-350 left over).

I actually am not eating back my workout calories...and every time I don't do that the little note comes up saying I am not eating enough calories. I should eat them back?
  • officiallymrswhite
    Options

I actually am not eating back my workout calories...and every time I don't do that the little note comes up saying I am not eating enough calories. I should eat them back?
  • kellyscomeback
    Options

I would try it for 2 weeks, which is what I'm doing, and see if it helps you lose more. I read a very informative and easy to understand post about how eating back the exercise calories will help and not doing so hinders.

I make an effort to eat mine back or just eat more on heavy burn days. For example I know I'll burn about 1000 calories today, I have 2 programs on DVD plus I'm going to go jogging/power walking later in the afternoon. So if I eat more now I'll have more fuel in the tank, less calories to eat in the evening and still have a few left over if I want a popcorn snack.
  • officiallymrswhite
    Options
    Are you measuring yourself? I didnt gain this week but i lost 1/2 an inch all over.

Hmm...I have not been measuring myself...I am not sure I know how lol. Maybe I can find out and try that. When I work out with the trainer we do a lot of strength training so maybe I am building muscle?
  • jinxywinx
    jinxywinx Posts: 38
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you. I actually gained weight, though. One thing to consider is the week before and of your period. My weight can sometimes be wacky for those two weeks.
  • officiallymrswhite
    Options

Hmm...I have not been measuring myself...I am not sure I know how lol. Maybe I can find out and try that. When I work out with the trainer we do a lot of strength training so maybe I am building muscle?
  • ChantalGG
    Options
    How many calories are you eating?
  • kellyscomeback
    Options
    I left this on your wall but I want to post it here in case you don't see it:

And you don't have to eat crap, today for a snack (or after workout meal) I'm going to have a cup of Low Fat Vanilla yogurt (190 cals) and half a cup of a Kashi Go Lean knock off mixed in (110 cals). Both are heavier in cals but also good sources of good carbs that last and create good energy to burn, fiber and protein. I'll also have 1% milk and carnation instant breakfast after the run as a recovery drink and that's another 240 good calories.
  • officiallymrswhite
    Options

I try to shoot for around 1300. I am 5'6 and I weight 160 pounds. But on the days that I do work out I do not eat my calories back...so that may be too little?
  • officiallymrswhite
    Options

I try to shoot for around 1300. I am 5'6 and I weight 160 pounds. But on the days that I do work out I do not eat my calories back...so that may be too little?
  • officiallymrswhite
    Options
    I left this on your wall but I want to post it here in case you don't see it:

And you don't have to eat crap, today for a snack (or after workout meal) I'm going to have a cup of Low Fat Vanilla yogurt (190 cals) and half a cup of a Kashi Go Lean knock off mixed in (110 cals). Both are heavier in cals but also good sources of good carbs that last and create good energy to burn, fiber and protein. I'll also have 1% milk and carnation instant breakfast after the run as a recovery drink and that's another 240 good calories.

Good ideas! I will make my food journal public so you can see it if you want. I would love feedback!! I am clueless when it comes to this stuff...that's why I got a trainer to work with. I just want to get this weight off!!
  • ChantalGG
    Options

how many calories are you burning?
  • bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options

Are those 1300 calories total or net after workout? I am in the same boat and I was told to not go below 1200 net (I have been netting ~ 1000 after exercise). I have increased calories to 1300-1400 net and we will see soon
  • officiallymrswhite
    Options

how many calories are you burning?

It depends....on the days I work out I would say anywhere between 200-380?
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options

-When that note comes up it means you're not eating enough to maintain a healthy metabolism. So, you're not loosing weight because your body is in "starvation mode" aka hanging on to every calorie you put in it because it's not getting enough. Def start eating back your workout calories and you should see a difference. If that still doesn't work, take a trip to the doc to make sure everything's functioning properly. Also, your trainer should be measuring you with measuring tape. That's how most of them record the progress you've made through working with them. When I used to see a trainer I started each session with a weigh-in and measurements.