Really bad day

Options
Ok people I am feeling really discouraged today. I've been logging everything and working out at the gym for about an hour a day and the scale just will not move. I just need to see some sort of improvement. Anyone else have the same problem?

Replies

• sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    It happens sometimes. How long has it been since the scale has moved?
  • emmastone789
    emmastone789 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You might find next weighing it will drop off ....how long since scales not moved ?
  • dawnmarie1115
    dawnmarie1115 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged. There are a lot of factors of the scale not moving. If your working your muscles, they will retain water to help in the repairing process. Also, I find my body does always drop the weight but it drops inches. Then the weight comes off. Most likely your loss will hit the scale next week. Just keep logging and working out. You got this!!!
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    When you start a new workout routine, your body will retain water for a few weeks to repair the muscles you're working until your body adjusts. Make sure you drink plenty of water and stick to it! You should see the scale move soon as long as you're tracking your calories and exercise accurately.
  • yvetty79
    yvetty79 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The scale has not moved in almost a week
  • Damien_Scott
    Damien_Scott Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    yvetty79 wrote: »
    The scale has not moved in almost a week

At least once a month i go a week or more without losing. Then in one day I'll be down 2 lbs. It happens.
  • time2cutnow
    time2cutnow Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Stop weighing yourself and start measuring.
  • harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'd be pretty terrified if the scale moved from where I last placed it.
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    In a week? That's not enough time to panic.