Ate like crap but under calories, still gained

Options
Someone tell me it's just salt water weight and undigested food and I'll shut my mouth :) #blizzardcarbs

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Yep all of the above
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    sodium and carbs.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    If your calorie counting was accurate and you had a deficit, it is indeed just water and poo.
  • mrsgoochy
    mrsgoochy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    love you guys :) I accounted for the whole 1/2 cup of homemade ranch dip and the Utz ripple chips to go along with! I swear! haha
  • Shammah71
    Shammah71 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I wonder if it is that the body treats different types of foods differently? See the following for details:

digg.com/2016/calorie-unit-broken
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    To see results from keeping to your calorie goals, you have to look at months of data, not the following day. I weighed myself daily for forty days to figure out what was going on with my own fluctuations, and I found I have a definite monthly cycle. If I stick to a calorie deficit all month, my weight will go down during my monthly cycle. How much it goes down has to do with how faithful I was to my calorie goals.

If I ate slightly too much throughout the month, I'll show a slight rise that doesn't go back down.
  • mrsgoochy
    Options
    I usually went by the month when I took off my baby weight, but in cases where I need to 'shake a finger' at myself, I will weigh in shortly after the hiccup. I had been down four, so realistically I know that it's no short feet to actually lose or gain a pound of fat. I don't do fad diets, I'm a calories in/calories out kind of gal, so I'm not someone who would normally react- just thought I'd post this to stay on the wagon.
    Interestingly, I will be avoiding coffee creamer, not for 25 extra calories but for the toll it's taking on my digestion. I really think it's binding me up. It's warm lemon water for me this week and only one cup of coffee. I'm reading about drinking too much coffee and how it takes water from your bowels that would normally be needed for bm's. Of course I'm speaking of 6-8 cups, but I don't know my own tolerance level and I'm not great about drinking water after I get home at night.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've got it going on. I'm very conservative when it comes to dieting as well. Here's a thought to help that coffee go down. How about adding a little coconut oil to the coffee?
  • mrsgoochy
    Options
    interesting- I haven't tried that yet but I have others around me that have. I have use coconut flour though for copycat hick-fil-a nuggets ( legit good).