just joined this site after ww

Options
Hi just joined this site after quitting weight watchers. The new points plus program to me is difficult to manage. I think more a more realistic way of tracking the food we eat is by the caloric value of the food itself and not points. I have gained 5 lbs. from ww. Calories in vs. calories out is the key. This looks like a good site and (free). Hoping to meet some online buddies to support each other with our goals.

Replies

• mcalabrese79
    Options
    Hi just joined this site after quitting weight watchers. The new points plus program to me is difficult to manage. I think more a more realistic way of tracking the food we eat is by the caloric value of the food itself and not points. I have gained 5 lbs. from ww. Calories in vs. calories out is the key. This looks like a good site and (free). Hoping to meet some online buddies to support each other with our goals.

Welcome!!! Ive been on here for a week and 1 day...lol. I love it so far and have met some great people. I did Weight Watchers OLD plan and liked it alot and I heard they made a bunch of changes so I just didnt rejoin. Hope you enjoy MFP!
  • darkhorse43
    darkhorse43 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm also a WW refugee. I got sick of having to change the tools I learned to maintain my weight every few years. Calorie counting doesn't change the way WW does which is what I need.
  • ladiluvbug83
    ladiluvbug83 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have been on hear for almost a year. It is a great place for support and to be around people with the same goals. Good luck. If you need friends feel free to ade me.

Sarah:flowerforyou:
  • marathonmommy0205
    Options
    Welcome aboard, I think you will love this site it helps me tons! Good luck
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great site, you'll love it. I did weight watchers too, didn't work so good.
  • sarahnicole218
    Options
    I am actually still a Weight Watchers member, soon to quit I'm sure. It is so much easier to track using this website, than trying to figure out the points for everything I eat. So basically, I have been following THIS plan, but still weighing-in and attending Weight Watchers meetings. Since I started using myfitnesspal, less than a month ago mind you, I have lost 7.2 pounds. More success than I ever had following the WW PointsPlus program. So good luck to you, I think you'll like it!
  • kshaw09
    kshaw09 Posts: 48
    Options
    Good Luck to you! I htink you will love this site. I am also a past WW follower worked great for me went from 215-175. But then couldn't keep up and found it to pricey. I love this sit and think it has everything you need plus to accomplish all your goals :)