Everyone likes a drink now and then

Options
I'm not a big drinker since having my son and I'm off out drinking with some friends for the first time in 18 months. Usually I've been know to be partial to a cider or 2 but the calorie count would be way off the scale. Any ideas on which drinks would be lower? (Alcoholic beverages ) :0)

Replies

• angerelle
    angerelle Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Wine's not too bad, around 100 kCals for a 125ml glass (or 140 for a 175ml bucket) - or spirits with diet mixers, but I think I would drink them down too quickly. I do like a gin and tonic. I don't remember cider being outrageous, especially if it's a dryish one. To be honest though, I would just do some extra exercise so I could drink my favourite tipple!
  • akatiffany
    akatiffany Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Recently I've been doing something that's a little silly, but I love it. I order a vodka water and then add some mio (water flavor). It tastes great and doesn't add hardly anything to the calories!
  • TaraTall
    TaraTall Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Recently I've been doing something that's a little silly, but I love it. I order a vodka water and then add some mio (water flavor). It tastes great and doesn't add hardly anything to the calories!

Not silly. Favourite calorie conscious bevvy!
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I drink on average a glass of red wine several nights a week. I just alot the calories into my day as part of my dinner. I don't worry so much on the weekends because we take the kids roller skating and that more than makes up for the wine.
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Wine. Low in carbs, not that bad on calories.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Booze straight up or on the rocks...I'm a bourbon guy myself...sometimes a nice scotch. Wine is also going to be a better option calorie wise than beer or cider. But really, if you're drinking once per year and a half, I would have whatever the hell I wanted to have an not worry about it considering the insignificance of having a drink and going over calories once every 18 months....
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I drink straight liquor, usually bourbon. It's a sipping drink and lasts a while, and for me I feel hard liquors much quicker and prefer it to wine because it requires less volume. More bang for my calorie buck.
  • emmastone789
    emmastone789 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of your input people :0) .... I'd love to drink wine but one glass of that and I'm on the floor :0/ ...so as cwolfman13 said I think I will stick with a few beers/ciders then move on to something less calorific just to make myself feel better. It is just one night out ...I guess I may as well make the most of it as it doesn't happen often....might even just go all out and have a kebab at the end of the night (always seems like a good idea at the time ) thanks again everyone :0) x
  • angerelle
    angerelle Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Ha, make it a shish and you'll be alright ☺
  • emmastone789
    Options
    Ha brilliant I will do :0)
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Booze straight up or on the rocks...I'm a bourbon guy myself...sometimes a nice scotch. Wine is also going to be a better option calorie wise than beer or cider. But really, if you're drinking once per year and a half, I would have whatever the hell I wanted to have an not worry about it considering the insignificance of having a drink and going over calories once every 18 months....

Ditto
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Prosecco - just under 500 calories per bottle.
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    When I was really counting every calorie, I'd be thrilled with vodka and water. Regular tap water. Put it in a nice glass with a slice of lemon and I was perfectly happy.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    No alcohol is best! ;)
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Prosecco - just under 500 calories per bottle.

lol! Yes, sad that I've had to log a bottle when stuck indoor from the blizzard.
  • emmastone789
    Options
    Wow 500 calories per bottle that surprises me! Presecco it could be then !
  • Miss_Mabee
    Miss_Mabee Posts: 119 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    oh I was going to start a post about this. Unlike you, I drink often lol. I am therefore a mini expert on drinking while keeping the cals low.

I usually drink vodka, rum, tequila or gin

mixed with one of the following 0 cal mixes:
    water with lime
    perrier
    nestle flavored sparkling water
    soda and lemon, lime or grapefruit slice

Or Lipton half iced tea/ half lemonade which is 60 cals a can (2+ mixed drinks)

The real trick is staying away from the nacho platter once you've had a couple drinks :tongue:
  • emmastone789
    Options
  • Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I like Amstel Light. I think it's 95 calories. Beer is the most filling alcoholic beverage.
  • qb63
    qb63 Posts: 88 Member
    Options

This has been my go-to drink for a long time. I carry the MIO with me everywhere. The pineapple-coconut one is delicious in rum.