work out dvds?

Options
I'm looking for a good dvd, something to help me kick butt, but isn't too intense. I'm only just starting and my endurance is kind of low. I've heard a lot about 30 Day Shred but I'm not sure if I can keep up. Any ideas guys? Thanks!

Replies

• Amandanoralynn
    Amandanoralynn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I like the Leslie Sansone indoor walking dvd's. She has some that you use hand weights and the different forms of walking she uses really gets you moving and tones you up. Best of Luck!
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    I've been totally hooked on Slim in 6 for a while now. I'm pretty happy with the results so far :happy:
  • JustMichelleB
    Options
    I"m personally a big fan of Jackie Warner dvd workouts. It's a lot of circuit type training - good for muscles and you get some cardio in there as well. I started with her One on One Training dvd (3 20minute workouts - each dedicated to part of body: upper/lower/abs). Her Extreme workout (red cover) is excellent - short and to the point and really gets your heartrate up.
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    the 30 day shred is a killer!!! I like taebo..an oldie that I use to have on vcr tape was richard simmons..sweating to the oldies (don't tell anyone lol) he was easy to follow and I would finish the whole thing sweating!
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I just started 30DS and have completed day 3 level 1.
    it made me SO sore BUT that means it's working! You do have to push yourself. Today is day 4 and i'm not nearly as sore. The thing I like is when you think you can't do anymore, she switches to the next thing. Plus, they modify some of the moves so you can follow that and it's a little easier. You can do it!
    I have lost 2# since Monday. Don't know if it's just a fluke or Jillian! I'm gonna say Jillian!! lol
  • sunyg
    sunyg Posts: 229
    Options
    I really like the Bob Harper dvds. He has 3 people working with him. 2 women and a guy. So he shows you beginner, intermediate and advanced. They are an hour long though.But I lost 30 pounds doing them before I found MFP. I started out at 4 weeks post partum and I wasn't in shape at all and I got through them. Not easily but I did it.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Zumba! it is fun. They will all be hard at first you just need to keep moving eventually you will be able to go all the way through it and do all the moves. The 30 day shred is hard, very, but you can modify it, there are two girls working out in the video, one is going hard and the other is less intense. It is only 20-25 minutes and it is like doing a 40min to 1 hr workout. I would recommend it. Get it over with everyday so you can not have to worry about exercising to much.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    i would say p90x but it is a BIG comitment, spending about 1 and a half hours each day exercising...

I say go for the 30 day shred!
    You only have to commit for 30 days, and you only have to do a 30 minute workout each day...
  • missballast
    Options
    I think 30DS in a great starter program. It has three different workout levels and they show modifications for the beginner and advanced.

If you have OnDemand, you should try some of the workout programs offered on the Fitness Channel and see what feels good.
  • katt742
    katt742 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I"m personally a big fan of Jackie Warner dvd workouts. It's a lot of circuit type training - good for muscles and you get some cardio in there as well. I started with her One on One Training dvd (3 20minute workouts - each dedicated to part of body: upper/lower/abs). Her Extreme workout (red cover) is excellent - short and to the point and really gets your heartrate up.

I started on Jackie Warner as well. The one on one is great so is the Total Body Circuit. I must admit I hated the Extreme workout!!
    I also love Cindy Whitmarsh. She has great ab dvd's!
  • sassenachtiff
    Options
    I like the Leslie Sansone indoor walking dvd's. She has some that you use hand weights and the different forms of walking she uses really gets you moving and tones you up. Best of Luck!
    I'm a fan of Leslie Sansone also. When I first started exercising, I tried 30 Day Shred first and it was the wrong thing to do for me--I was so out of shape and not ready for it! I switched to Leslie Sansone for a month or so and her DVDs helped kickstart my workouts again.

I also like Denise Austin. I did her Quick Burn Cardio for several weeks.

Now I'm doing 30 Day Shred again and it's much easier than the first time I tried it.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    bump :flowerforyou:
  • beancurdie
    beancurdie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing 30 Day Shred (I'm in the middle of Level 2) and while I like the results, I'm not necessarily in love with DVD. It's tough and Jillian, while effective, doesn't particularly motivate me. She yells a lot, so I find myself muttering and swearing at her during the DVD. The one nice thing about the DVD is that you can see the girls working out with Jillian are struggling at some points. Every once in a while, you'll see one of them pop out of a move because it's too difficult. I like that they didn't edit around those moments. I have Time Warner digital cable and I just noticed that Levels 1&2 are available On Demand, so that's a great way to try them out.

I have also been doing TurboJam for the past month or so and I really like that set of DVDs. It's upbeat and fun without being too peppy. I'm getting a really good work out and I'm not constantly checking to see how much I have left like I do with 30 Day Shred. The drawback to these workouts is that you have to do each DVD a few times before you really get a feel for the moves. There are still times where I have to stop, figure out what I'm supposed to be doing and jump back in. I plan on stick with TurboJam through the summer and then moving on to TurboFire.