hellooo!

Options
i'm kerri :D i joined mfp after.. wow, a huge rollercoaster haha. i'd actually lost 80 lbs in the past year and a half... but in the last few months i've gained about 60 of it back. that is really terrifying. (by the way, why is it so hard to lose it but SO EASY TO GAIN IT?! lmao.) i don't know at what point i started letting it go again, but i refuse to get back to where i originally was. i miss all the clothes i bought when i was at my lowest weight... i want to start wearing them again. this time last year i thought i'd be fit enough for a bikini for god's sake. unfortunately i went the opposite way, lol.

anyway, i joined this site to regain control of my diet and exercise, and it's been amazing so far. i've been a part of this site for 5 days, and i just wanted to introduce myself to the mfp world :] so hi!

Replies

• giammarcor
    giammarcor Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Kerri. We won't let you get back on the roller coaster. This ride only goes in one direction.
  • ChirishGirl
    ChirishGirl Posts: 111
    Options
    Welcome back to the track! You can add me if you'd like - I'm trying to lose 80 (or so) and stumbling my way through it too!

Best of luck to you!
  • davidrt
    davidrt Posts: 162
    Options
    welcome ,
  • jeanice66
    jeanice66 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I sure can relate to that .. I initially lost 35 pounds but then injured my ankle and have regain quite a bit back. the first time I lost the weight it seemed to come off a lot faster.. this time around i have been at it for 85 days and have only lost 8 pounds. My weekends kill me.. that and the fact that I have to cook dinner for the family at night and normally I am not hungry but I wind up eating or munching on what ever I make. I was hoping to be at the original weight i was before I injured my ankle by summer but i still have like 12 more pounds to go... very slow progress. I am glad to have this site.. it really does help control my self! Glad your back !
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
  • talonlily
    talonlily Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I too have been on that rollercoaster. My weight was due mostly to pregnancy and illness but there was definitely some good food thrown in there, too. Now, I am here trying to get it all under control. I have boxes full of my skinny clothes that I am determined to wear again. Also, I have never been comfortable enough to wear a bikini and that would be an awesome accomplishment. :smile: