Skinnytaste Cookbook

Options
Hi Pals :)

I just purchased Skinnytaste cookbook and wanted to know which recipes are the absolute must try as soon as my book comes in? In other words...which recipe is your absolute favorite?
Thanks

Replies

• karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I really like the Kiss My Shrimp and Grits, but honestly they are all great! Love the avocado blt salad... Just pick what appeals to you! In the beginning I tried 1-2 a week, now I have added a bunch from her blog. Skinnytaste changed the way I eat!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Curious too... I have the book but I honestly forget about it because I'm typically looking up recipes online.
  • lpappas84
    lpappas84 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The roasted stuffed poblano peppers are out of this world! A little more work so I tend to make it on weekends, but definitely worth it. The Un-Stuffed cabbage soup is also in heavy rotation in our house, but everything we've made from the book has been great. Enjoy!
  • magtart
    magtart Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    The Chicken Parmesan is delish.
  • SylviaCherie
    SylviaCherie Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Can't wait for my book to get here tired of the same old food!
  • Francl27
    Options
    magtart wrote: »
    The Chicken Parmesan is delish.

Love that one but it's on the website too!
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I made her potato broccoli cheese soup yesterday. MMMMMM!!! And her enchilada boats last week (we added ground turkey) So far so good!!
    I dont have the book- I go online.
  • avingers
    avingers Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    The potatoes au gratin!!!
  • olive1968
    olive1968 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I bought the book because I use so many of her online recipes I thought I sort of "owed" her something! That said, there are a lot of recipes online that are not in the book. So I still use both (though I like the book because I put the page number down on my meal planning calendar so my spouse or son can find it and start dinner).

That said, I really like the sriracha honey marinated salmon, all the curry dishes are good, and she does a good job of slimming down Mexican-ish food.
  • jessetfan
    jessetfan Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I loved the Salisbury steak.
  • Nuke_64
    Nuke_64 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Pork Carnitas, Brussel Spouts
  • nicolecafarella
    nicolecafarella Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    naked Persian turkey burgers
  • sweetie010_m
    sweetie010_m Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What is the name of her website or blog
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Great book. The zucchini lasagne is labour intensive but worth it. It freezes well too.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    What is the name of her website or blog

http://www.skinnytaste.com/

I use her recipes often, and the vast majority of them is a hit.
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    There hasn't been a single recipe of her's that I didn't like! The benefit of the website v.s. the book - the comments! It has been helpful to read feedback from others that have tried tweaks or changes.
  • SylviaCherie
    SylviaCherie Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Awesome my book just came in the mail. So excited to skim through it.
  • emoran88
    emoran88 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    The butternut squash lasagna roll ups are soooo good! Plus the beef and broccoli and the breaded chicken... oh man everything! Also if you haven't tried the spaghetti squash boats (I think that's what she calls them) on her website - DO IT NOW! They are super filling and amazingly delish!! :-D
  • Francl27
    Options
    emoran88 wrote: »
    The butternut squash lasagna roll ups are soooo good! Plus the beef and broccoli and the breaded chicken... oh man everything! Also if you haven't tried the spaghetti squash boats (I think that's what she calls them) on her website - DO IT NOW! They are super filling and amazingly delish!! :-D

But how do you log them, lol? You can't properly log the squash as it's still in its skin.