Bootea Results

Options
Has anyone used bootea, just started today the 14day pack & wanted to see if anyone has done it and what results you got

Replies

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    The fake bootea results pics all over the internet hasn't convinced you?
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Bootea?! The names these companies think of lol that would be enough to know it doesn't work.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Socially acceptable laxative abuse and a history of stealing people's before and after photos to use as if they were the results of the tea. Run. Run away from the tea.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

The "detox" teas almost all contain natural diuretics or laxatives. They force your body to dump water or waste, but won't help with fat loss. You might see a big drop on the scale due to the fluids and poo being expelled, but it will come back once you stop the teas. Be careful with them, especially those containing senna. Senna shouldn't be used for more than 7 days.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Louz163 wrote: »
    Has anyone used bootea, just started today the 14day pack & wanted to see if anyone has done it and what results you got

Throw it out before you cause yourself some internal damage from laxative abuse.
  • mmovesian
    mmovesian Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The "detox" teas almost all contain natural diuretics or laxatives. They force your body to dump water or waste, but won't help with fat loss. You might see a big drop on the scale due to the fluids and poo being expelled, but it will come back once you stop the teas. Be careful with them, especially those containing senna. Senna shouldn't be used for more than 7 days.

This. If you really want some tea, just grab a box of good ole green tea (or black, or herbal, or whatever.) at the supermarket. Sipping on tea throughout the day helps keep my inner snack monster in check. It's not a miracle weight loss product, just a warm tasty drink that doesn't end up with me living on the toilet like "teatox" products will.

Can we all just take a second to appreciate the name of the product, though? Makes me giggle.
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I've seen some ridiculous before and after stories online for it - flabby stomach to six pack in 28 days from drinking a couple of cups of herbal tea a day? If only!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Boo! Tea!
    The name says it all.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Another diet scam making the rounds.
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Drink regular tea (calorie free). I cut out all alcohol, eat approximately 1200 to 1500 cal a day and drink between five and 10 cups of hot tea a day. I've lost 10 pounds in three and a half weeks. No magic pill, tea or shake.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I just googled it...... they need to learn how to photoshop better!
  • AlexaAdkins
    AlexaAdkins Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ok so, I did bootea a couple of times, so this is all from my experience (not just generalized hate from googling).

I actually have some digestive issues and struggled with anorexia for a few years so my body was out of whack while trying to get healthy. So in the digestion department, it completely does its job. Like too well. (This is gross, but never trust a fart while drinking bootea. Just sayin!!!!) You WILL lose some weight and slim down, but that's just because your body is flushing all the crap out of you (pun intended). It's not a reliable or maintainable weight loss, and if you use it too much, it can really really mess you up. The results are very temporary.

So if you're needing help in the digestive realm, it's a good tea, BUT I will say that "Smooth Move" from the grocery store (I saw it at Kroger) and just regular laxatives worked just as well. So no need to spend the ridiculous money on these teas.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
  • Louz163
    Louz163 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Drink regular tea (calorie free). I cut out all alcohol, eat approximately 1200 to 1500 cal a day and drink between five and 10 cups of hot tea a day. I've lost 10 pounds in three and a half weeks. No magic pill, tea or shake.

Yeah i lost 6 stone last year, i dont need help with how to lose weight, this is something that comes up in magazines and social media alot so something extra for the
  • Louz163
    Louz163 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Ok so, I did bootea a couple of times, so this is all from my experience (not just generalized hate from googling).

I actually have some digestive issues and struggled with anorexia for a few years so my body was out of whack while trying to get healthy. So in the digestion department, it completely does its job. Like too well. (This is gross, but never trust a fart while drinking bootea. Just sayin!!!!) You WILL lose some weight and slim down, but that's just because your body is flushing all the crap out of you (pun intended). It's not a reliable or maintainable weight loss, and if you use it too much, it can really really mess you up. The results are very temporary.

So if you're needing help in the digestive realm, it's a good tea, BUT I will say that "Smooth Move" from the grocery store (I saw it at Kroger) and just regular laxatives worked just as well. So no need to spend the ridiculous money on these teas.

Thank you for giving a review & not its a scam & cant you tell with the fake pics online - no pretty much this is something that is on social media & magazines alot ive seen people's comments about how good this was along side a diet with exercise, i lost 6 stone last year & a few pounds more to go & seeing this all the time thought maybe something to try along with my diet but again thank you for you honest review