Hunger

Options
How do you all deal with hunger whilst dieting?
I'm finding it hard to not snack on various healthy items to stay under my calories for the day.
I no water helps but what's everyone else's tips/ideas?

Replies

• ShrinkingKerrie
    ShrinkingKerrie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    If I feel hungry I get up and have a pint of water then find something to keep myself busy for a while!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    First, I would make sure that I was actually eating enough. How many calories are you eating? When you say you want to stay "under" your calories, are you trying to come in under your goal or at your goal?

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Is your weight loss goal too aggressive?
  • jessicaaar22
    jessicaaar22 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say it's aggressive I weigh 13stone 6lbs and Im eating about 1200 calories a day.
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    I wouldn't say it's aggressive I weigh 13stone 6lbs and Im eating about 1200 calories a day.

1,200 is the lowest recommended for a woman. How many pounds did you tell MFP you wanted to lose per week?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You can eat more and still lose weight!
  • jessicaaar22
    Options
    Oh i thought I should stick to 1200 just because it's quite low and loose weight.
    I'm joining a gym in a week or so Aswell.
  • jessicaaar22
    Options

1,200 is the lowest recommended for a woman. How many pounds did you tell MFP you wanted to lose per week?

1.5lbs
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Nonstarchy vegetables. Out the wazoo. lol
  • janejellyroll
    Options

1.5lbs

If you change your goal to 1 or .5 pounds, you will be able to eat more calories each day.
  • jessicaaar22
    Options

1.5lbs

If you change your goal to 1 or .5 pounds, you will be able to eat more calories each day.

Okay thankyou for your help
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how many pounds that is, but 1200 is too little for pretty much everyone, unless you're a 5' tall 55yo sedentary woman or something.

I'd never have lost anything eating so little because I would never have stuck to it. Pick a reasonable goal, eat back half your exercise calories, eat plenty of protein and fat, and you won't be as hungry.
  • jessicaaar22
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I have no idea how many pounds that is, but 1200 is too little for pretty much everyone, unless you're a 5' tall 55yo sedentary woman or something.

I'd never have lost anything eating so little because I would never have stuck to it. Pick a reasonable goal, eat back half your exercise calories, eat plenty of protein and fat, and you won't be as hungry.

Thankyou for your advice